Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sunday senses, a recipe and a menu plan


Well, well, I'm doing a meme just for the fun of it. And to make Rebecca happy :)

Sight
A lovely, tidy room (study) marred by D's messy desk (I am banned from "helping him" although I want to throw all his paper in the bin.

Hearing
the hum of this old computer, me tapping away on the keyboard and .... silence :) If I strain my ears I can hear the TV in the lounge

Touch
Warm air on my legs and the cool plate on my legs where I'm balancing my supper.

Taste
Chicken salad - recipe below

Smell
Mayonnaise! And the smell of summer through the open windows.

This is my healthy chicken salad recipe

20 g onion, 40 g mushrooms, 40 g broccoli = 1 veg on Weigh Less
100 g deboned, skinless chicken, chopped into cubes = 1 medium protein
140g cooked pasta = 2 complex carbohydrates
1/2 medium Granny Smith apple = 0.5 fruit
50g cooked kidney beans = 0.5 low fat protein
1 tablespoon mayonnaise = 1 fat

I stir fry the veg and chicken in 2 drops of oil and water, transfer to a bowl, add the rest of the stuff, mix it all up and scoop onto a plate. Add ground chilli flakes if you like a bit of kick, salt and pepper to taste - I hardly have any salt but pepper is my friend.

Then I refrigerate for about 30 minutes - I like it nice and cold - and then enjoy :)

You can use any veggies you like - I've used carrots, cucumber, etc. It is delicious and I don't notice that I'm hardly having any pasta...

While we're talking about food, here is my menu for the week:

Monday
Chicken and broccoli, with rice

Tuesday
Baked potatoes with bolognaise sauce (this should end all my frozen portions)

Wednesday
M - tuna and rice bake, salad
D - Hawaiian chicken

Thursday
Chicken pasta salad (this time I'll use lentils)

Friday
Burgers and salad (I know the more observant of you will have noticed I have this on my menu every Friday. I still have not actually made this because we end up finishing foods in the fridge, or not wanting this, etc.)

That chicken pasta salad is a favourite around here in summer (except the babies don't eat mayonnaise - I also went off mayonnaise while I was pregnant...) and I made some tonight because we've had it a grand total of 3 times this summer. Totally unacceptable for something that good.

What are some of your favourite meals to cook? :)


P.S. Coming up this week - I need to blog about the new milk, a very successful lunch today, the s*x book and how I'm prettying up my life :) I'm going to blog the organising projects on the other blog - leave me your email if you want that blog info.

Do you also make a list of things to blog about?

P.P.S I'm 36 and a half today. Only 6 months left to finish my 36 things list.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week of eating. GO look at my recipe on my Friday night post - if you leave out the butter and do a little olive oil it should be a great weigh-less one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to post my meals tomorrow...I schedule the entire month of January and I'm still doing it. I call that a New Year's resolution going pretty well!!!

    Thanks for playing with the senses...I'm jealous of the warm air feelings...so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, thanks so much for stopping by! So glad you did! I love finding new blogs to follow that I have things in common with! :) The chicken salad sounds yummy! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have commitment issues. Every attempt at me making a meal schedule ends in us eating out more because I will decide I do not want what was scheduled. I need to be more disciplined!

    I also keep forgetting you're on the opposite side of the world, and hemisphere for that matter. I would love to have a summer day right now! I just checked your weather and looks like you'll get to enjoy some rain tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so going to try your chicken pasta. Looks easy and delish. I mostly cook stuff that take minimal preparation and that can be popped into the oven. And I like making one-pot type meals like stews etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps... am curious about your tuna and rice bake. Could you please post that?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails