Friday, February 04, 2011

Good rushing




I seem to have days at work where there are only 1 or 2 short meetings the whole day, and then there are those days like Wed and yesterday where I have literally 6 hours of meetings in a row.

Which just kills me because there's no time to action all those discussion points ...

Yesterday I had meetings from 1 - 4:30 and then rushed home, put babies to bed after supper and baths, and rushed out again to the other side of the world. Literally.

That was a good rush, though.

It was our fertility babies supper at my friend, Roz's house.

We were supposed to be 8 girls but 3 cancelled at the last minute.

Still, I always believe that the ones who are meant to be there will be there.

And we were.

I can't speak for them but I had a wonderful time seeing all my friends and Roz's one twin, E, who was up and about with us for about 30 mins. There's a pic of the two of them right on the bottom of this post.

I love seeing mothers interacting with their kids in their homes - there's a different feeling to it, don't you find?

I even got to meet her nanny!!!

The food was also lovely...
chicken lasagne

salad and breadrolls

and a delicious chocolate pudding with custard (which sounds really good right NOW as I'm hungry)

Those are the pics of the table - wasn't it stunning? The one of the glass is my favourite pic.

I always feel like my tank's all filled up after I get together with friends in person.

Social media is kind of wonderful (I say kind of because I'm still not totally convinced that it doesn't just lead to overwhelm) but there's still nothing like connecting in-person with friends.

And bonus! I only got lost once :) Roz's directions were absolutely perfect (don't you love good directions?!) but coming home, there was a huge accident on the highway and I was a bit shaken by all the cars involved and missed my exit.

Fortunately I've made that mistake once before so I knew how to get home from taking the next exit.

What are your plans for the weekend?

We are going to spend a fortune on Pediasure (yes, I'm a slacker mother for only bothering to get it this weekend. I'm at peace with my slacker tendencies).

All pictures taken by Roz.

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful too...what a nice evening.

    This weekend? Facial and kid birthday party tomorrow. Movie with Husband tomorrow night. Sunday? Who knows???

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite like a bunch of girls spending quality time...that would recharge my batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had more people near by that would enjoy a good dinner party. Hell, I wish DH would enjoy dinner! I'm glad you had a good time. I love gerbera daisies!!

    As for this weekend, I'll be working and pretending DH isn't destroying my house. It's going to be bitterly cold so we'll be inside-ALL WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails