Sunday, February 27, 2011

Still, a good weekend

Yesterday we had lunch with v. good friends of ours - we've known each other for 11 years. In fact, we were their pastors (Deanna, remind me to talk about the pastoring thing some time :)) back in the day.

Anyway, we got V in so things would be easier.

My friend is such a giver and ALWAYS brings food even if they're coming to us. At first I used to get cross (in a joking way) but then I realised this is just who she is, and these days (with the babies) it's just very helpful.

I did salad, rolls and dessert and she brought a delicious pasta dish. Yum. I've put some away for lunch :)

So we had a lovely time - they were amazed at how big the babies are now (in just a few months).

When they left, we did baths (V did their supper and then left) and put them to bed and then I went straight to our bedroom and read for about 3 and a half hours, non-stop.

Both the reading and the book were fantastic - 4 stars :) I finished "the brightest star in the sky" by Marian Keyes.

It was heavenly to read for such a huge chunk of time and I really must do that more often.

Today of course I got that email but then we went to church which was surprisingly good (heard and received about 80%)... we've decided that we'll take them to children's church next week. Eek!

And guess what? this afternoon two minor miracles happened - the children napped and I got my crafty self on.

Those empty formula cans have been piling up (I can't bring myself to throw away perfectly good and barely-used cans) so I googled "how to repurpose formula cans", found some ideas and I've been at it.

Again, I'm lazy to take pics and download but D says they look cute :)

The good thing about doing 6 tins is that my "technique" (I use that word VERY loosely) was refined as I worked and I even now have "templates". Hahahaha

My desk is strewn with card, paper, a pair of scissors, two types of glue, a ruler and two types of ribbons.

If I ever run out of things to say, I may even do a tutorial. Okay, that's a joke :) Clearly I am tired and need to go sleep.

I'm trying to read the 5 love languages today and tomorrow night to make my 5 books per month :)

Where are you on the crafty scale? I'm a 2 or 3.

12 comments:

  1. Crafty me is intrigued at what you might have made!!! So what DID you make?! I don't need pics...just a few words on what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...I want to see pictures of your cans!!! I think I'm a 6 or 7 on a crafty scale. I love to "craft", but I can't sew a lick.

    I received some money for my birthday, and I'm really trying to decide if I want to spend it on this very nifty (but very expensive) cutting tool for scrapbooking. It does amazing things, and I have enough money to buy it without chipping anything in (and I like to spend birthday money on something "concrete", so I can look at it and say 'I bought that for my birthday')...but it seems so extravagant. [Have I given you enough information for you to provide me any counsel?] :)

    On a sorta-kinda crafty note, I am now caught up with putting my photos in albums!!! I just need to file away the extras, which won't take long, and I will be breathing so much easier! YEA!!!

    So glad you had a nice lunch with your friend, AND you carved out all that reading time...bliss!!!

    I've been reading during naptime this week. I'm working on a +700 page fiction book, and I'm about 450 pages in. I would love to finish this week. It's good, but emotionally tiring. Nonetheless, I've been napping most days for a few minutes afterwards on the floor with the cat. That may sound crazy, but she and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure how crafty I am. I do know that once I apply myself then I am brilliant at something. I am going to be exploring my crafty side in the 2nd half of this year. I saw a cool idea of what to do with formula tins going to do it as an activity with my Tween next weekend. I think you should be able to do it when your kids are a bit older. See here:

    www.mandimadeit.com
    ps...didn't know that you were a Pastor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what did you make? I used old formula cans to make a cupcake tower for the girls' birthday party last year.

    I'm glad aside from the bad news you had a relatively nice weekend. I'm really debating giving up what is left of my job to enjoy the weekends with the family. As for my craftiness... I'd like to think I'm kinda up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so sorry to hear about your friend's son. That is horrible news, and I will be praying for the family.

    Yay for crafts! What exactly did you make? I always loved the size/shape of formula cans, but I never really did anything with them. I'm about a 7 on the "idea" side of crafting, but a 5 on "getting it done". : )

    I do expect a full write-up on your pastoring one day! I'm so curious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) Non Crafty Me would be about a -10 on the crafty scale... that is all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative? Well it depends on what crafty stuff we are talking about :)I am not crafty in the sense you are talking about but rather painting and drawing.
    It's nice to have friends like this. I have friends who don't bring food, who bring their own stuff to drink, only to take it back with them what's left. I know they paid for it but I leave my alcohol at their home after visiting, so does my other friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I will take pictures and you will see - a 2! But a cute 2 :)

    I will blog about the pastoring one day (goal for March!).

    And yip, she left the leftovers. I do too. I usually also take things in dishes I don't use often so there is no rush to get them back.

    They brought back a dish of mine that I gave them in June last year - :) I'd even forgotten I had it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about your friend's son. That is just awful.
    Please post pics of your crafts! I always wish I had time to do more crafty things and I have a ton of Formula boxes with lids too - so I'm intrigued! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like a great weekend.I want to see those tins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you had a good weekend despite "the e-mail". Thank you for talking about The Brightest star...I have had the book for months and haven't opened it yet. I agree with you other readers...show and tell, sister:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really Fantastic your Weekend and amazing your recently post . Very very nice thought i like that and wondering your planning .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails