Saturday, July 09, 2011

Where do I start talking about the party?!

I feel like I haven't spoken to you for so long that I don't know where to start.

Thank you for all the sweet wishes for my babies on Thursday. And I loved reading how you didn't think I could be mushy :) I do have my moments though - ALL baby-related.

I'll have to elaborate more over the coming days but a quick run-down of the babies' party.
  • It went very well but not 100% perfect. Which is good because perfect is overrated, right? :)
  • Only 2 kids didn't pitch.
  • I didn't over cater (except for the things I'd bought before, but those are all able to be used again); I think the amount of food was just right.
  • We had 4 sets of twins - so cute. My normal fertile friends were astonished and my one oldest friend (we met in the Rhodes chem lab in Feb 1992!) laughed like crazy when I said, "we're all infertile".
  • The babies were on a sugar high once everyone left and trashed my house in the time it took D to drive Nanny V to our nearest shopping centre (about 10 minutes total). Note to self - this is why they don't get sweets.
  • So, SO glad Jeanette came to take pics. I could relax knowing there were going to be pics of everything (actually, I hope so because I realised when everything was taken down I didn't take a SINGLE picture).
  • I then made up for it by taking a gazillion pics of the presents. I put each present on a wooden tray and took a couple together with the card if the people gave a card. Those cards are now all neatly together with binder rings (exactly like the Christmas cards).
  • Best decisions of the day besides getting a photographer - getting both Nanny V and Nester in and not baking a darn thing. Thank you, P&P and Woolies for the cakes :)
  • D got all soppy reading the cards! He says he loves it when people say nice things about our babies. Teehee.
  • Go see a sneak peek of our pics here and leave nice comments please :)
How has your weekend been thus far?

I'm really looking forward to lunch tomorrow - we've been invited over to friends for chicken curry. Hmm, there's a weigh-less story to tell you too...

P.S. I had 150 in my Google Reader! Now down to 112 but I'm off to bed now. I should finish 123 magic and make a good start on some chick-lit - 2 non-fiction in a row is enough for now.

16 comments:

  1. Well done! Pictures are absolutely gorgeous.
    Weekend has been lovely so far. Beautiful, sunny weather in CT today. LOVE sunny days in July. Having lunch with the family tomorrow and going to the beach with the boys because the weather is going to be just as divine. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome party, thanks for asking me to take the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of beautiful children. You did a wonderful job with the party my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The decoration and party looked amazing... and damn but your kids are gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved all the pics!

    Also I adore the theme- I've always had a think for ladybugs- I have one tattooed on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures are awesome!! Babies were gorgeous! Glad it went so well! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you had such a great party. I love how you decorated the "normal" cakes etc. Job so well done. And they are so adorable Marcia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger is acting up today, so hopefully this will go through. Happy Birthday to Kendra and Connor once again!!! Love the picture, but I only got a glimpse of you! Liam and I looked at the pictures together. I finally got him to finish saying "Cake, cake" at the cake pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger is acting up today, so hopefully this will go through. Happy Birthday to Kendra and Connor once again!!! Love the picture, but I only got a glimpse of you! Liam and I looked at the pictures together. I finally got him to finish saying "Cake, cake" at the cake pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been out of town, and I'm sure I have like 5,000 posts in my reader! But first, happy 2nd birthday to your twins! HOW is it possible??? Just, wow!

    Sounds like your party went well! Good deal with the photographer! I have already decided that I'm hiring my friend (who does awesome kid photography) to do our party next time, as well as the posed pictures. Our posed pictures were all teary again. Cute, but teary.

    Binder rings, cute idea!

    123 Magic is good! I did that with teaching preschool and our school guidance counselor often advises parents to try it. But yea, read something fun next!

    Two. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been out of town, and I'm sure I have like 5,000 posts in my reader! But first, happy 2nd birthday to your twins! HOW is it possible??? Just, wow!

    Sounds like your party went well! Good deal with the photographer! I have already decided that I'm hiring my friend (who does awesome kid photography) to do our party next time, as well as the posed pictures. Our posed pictures were all teary again. Cute, but teary.

    Binder rings, cute idea!

    123 Magic is good! I did that with teaching preschool and our school guidance counselor often advises parents to try it. But yea, read something fun next!

    Two. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the party went so well and it is stunning the photos that Jeanette took.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So smart of you to have a photographer there. We hardly got any photos of T&B's last birthday party because I was too busy running the darn thing, and I forgot to put someone else in charge of that.

    Sounds (and looks) like everyone had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm finally catching up on the weekend posts! Love the party pics...can't wait to see more.

    Glad it went well, and glad you were able to use the help and didn't stress too much. Sounds like it went wonderfully! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds lovely...I don't even want to tell you how many were in my reader after I got back...ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesomely cute party! Happy Birthday Kendra and Conner! Hugs and Love from the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails