Friday, July 22, 2011

Five on Friday

Wow, thanks for all the comments on the security post. I love reading about how issues like this pan out all over the world.

  1. Well, I made it to my course today and it was goooood. *ahem* it's on Emotional Intelligence and is part of my training to be a mentor to others. Seems like it came in the nick of time as I had two issues in my inbox to deal with today - isn't life fun?!
  2. Connor and I are better. Let me clarify - we are both eating without V or D :) but my tummy is still doing some crazy noises after a meal so we hope and pray that all is indeed well. However, D is now not well. *sigh*
  3. I've just spent 3 hours sorting out my study - my new bookcase arrived today and I've packed everything in there so it's full. It actually still needs to be painted... I bought a raw pine one because I want it a funky colour... but since the house painters are gone (and I don't want them back - let's just say we didn't communicate very well), this will probably take another year. Hmmm, an item for my 37 things list :)
  4. There are 3 birthday presents wrapped and ready on the table next to me - it feels good to have that out of the way. I try to do most things by batching so thought as I was preparing tomorrow's gift, to do the other two too.
  5. So there's this friend. I invited her kids to the babies' party and she declined. No problem. Then I invited them to our party and I just hear nothing. I refuse to follow up (that's my new rule, by the way, after the babies' party). Do you think she's blowing us off?
On a scale of 1 - 10, my week's been about a 5 or 6, very good with the business, bad with the sick, and kind of average all round. I really could do with a good week next week.

How was your week?

P.S. 140 unread posts in GR = a very long time to catch up...

7 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you are feeling better...I hope next week is a terrifc "9" (I would have said "10" BUT I thougt that might be greedy...lol!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My week... a solid 3.462. We had a great day with the ladies but it was all down hill from there with all the stress of prepping for the party and the HEAT. I am terrible with heat, I am so short and snappy. That with the stress has definitely left me crabby!

    To make things clear, it reached 107F/42C and with the heat index felt like 120F/49C. It's been like this all week getting progressively worse and will continue tomorrow for the ladies party. Needless to say, box is labeled and ready to ship-sitting next to the air conditioner! I do apologize, tell me how to make it up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forwrd to seeing what your bookcase looks like - so easy to do yourself.

    Glad to hear you guys are on the mend.

    have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...difficult to say whether she is blowing you off. I would just give her some space to deal with HER issues. You've done your bit by reaching out. Glad you are feeling better. My tummy was completely messed up yesterday - think it was nerves and stress.
    Am fascinated with emotional intelligence and don't know nearly enough about it. Would love if you could blog a bit about it.
    My week, as you know was rough. Very much roller coaster. My DH was sad on his birthday and there was nothing that I could say or do to make it better. Kids were STARS though. So well behaved ALL THE TIME and so sweet with their Daddy.

    ps...paint your own bookshelf. It's easy enough and doesn't have to be perfect. Such a cool craft project for you.x

    pps...I have 172 posts in GR. Will take my time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that you are getting better. You need to show us what you did with the bookcase...that is where all the fun is.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That woman is plain rude. Not answering.

    Just paint the bookcase yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  7. At this moment I have 68 items in my GR and don't think I am going to get through them all in 1 1/2 hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails