Monday, March 28, 2011

5 things I'm tired of... and your inner rebel




1. my car smelling stuffy. I usually leave the driver's window open about 10 cm but then my CD holder full of CDs was stolen about 6 weeks ago while parked in our work's basement and so no more open window. Of course the cameras are not in the part of the basement where my car was parked. Grrrrr. I was too traumatised to even blog about it - my beloved Rod Stewart, Air Supply, The Plain Truth, Billy Joel, etc. Most of it was on iTunes though so I sat one night and created new CDs for my car. I had to replace one though.

2. up and down weather. please just get cold and stay cold.

3. things not put back in their places. Look at my self-restraint - I could write a whole blog post but am choosing to only use a few sentences on this one. I am fanatical about my cupboards because I have nearly zero storage in my house so everything has a place, ONE place. And when I come home and things are just shoved anywhere, I about lose it. I keep decluttering but I'm THIS close to just tossing all the plastics in the kitchen so I have neat cupboards. Somehow I don't think that will do it.

4. feeling tired. I really need to start switching off the computer at 10 again so I can get to bed and sleep.

5. telling people how to find the bathroom. We're open plan and there is a meeting room near my desk so if anyone comes out of this meeting room, they stop at my desk to ask where the bathroom is. I am just this side of polite but really, inside I feel like sticking up a sign that says "walk down the passage, turn left and keep going til you see the signs". If you know me, you know that's not me, so just imagine how many times a day I get asked about the darn bathroom.

Oooh, that felt good.

My post today is inspired by this post. This is one of those blogs I follow and never comment on but this time I commented and I was number 300. Today when I checked to link up, there were 848 comments. WOW - I would peqrmanently twitch from all those unread items :)

I first found Kelle Hampton's blog when I clicked over from a link on another blog I follow. Leah and I had the exact same due date (2 Sept 2009) and were both crazy paranoid throughout the pregnancy - I think she was a bit worse than I was though :)


Anyway, on that same post, Kelle said when she doesn't feel like doing something, she has to find the energy from DEEP within (I sure can relate) and calls on her "inner badass" (her words, not mine).

She named hers Betty and I'll share with you today that I name my inner rebel Maxine.

I just love that name - so full of moxie, fire and passion.

*roar*

Now this sign makes me laugh every time I see it. Have you ever driven down the road thinking, "you know what I need? I really need smooth tar!"

I'm laughing again just thinking about it. Crazy!


So what are the things you're tired of today (hopefully writing them out gets rid of it) and what's your inner rebel called?

12 comments:

  1. I so know your feeling of being tired, telling everyone where the toilets are. Argh!
    I am tired of my current situation and need a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sign...bwahahaha!!!

    I have a picture of a sign I saw in Russia, "Clean toilets!" with an arrow in their direction. That just cracks me up!

    My inner rebel *used* to be named Mandi (with an "i"). She was most often provoked by people misspelling my name. I called her my "evil twin". When I found out I was having twins, I promptly quit using that idea, though. And come to think of it, I haven't had to pull her out of the closet very often since then...I think it was mostly work stress that made her appear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh tired - that is my no 1 on my list!

    But I think I will do a blogpost. Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SusanT3:03 pm

    I'll list my 5 things cos it's fun to get it out.

    1. Scratchy labels in clothes or layers of long labels that look like books sewn into t-shirts (a certain sports brand is quite good at this).
    2. Bad customer service and feeling like I have to fight with people in shops all the time.
    3. House builders who don't care and can't measure properly.
    4. All our stuff being in storage and not living in our own place.
    5. Snobs!

    My inner rebel/alter ego/evil twin is called Hilda. This was started by my husband as I'm always breaking things, slamming kitchen drawers and can't be gentle with anything. He started calling me Hurricane Hilda. So, now if I break anything, I blame her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Susan, thanks for the laugh! I love the image of Hilda slamming doors and letting it all out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually don't have too much to be frustrated with yet...I think the weekend restores my soul, so I am feeling pretty good on Monday morning!

    I LOVE the "Betty" and "Maxine" personas!! (Also love Kelle Hampton...she's fantastic) As I posted about awhile ago, I am terrible at naming things like this, so I don't have a rebel name. I think I need one though...might have to think about that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have an inner badass. We're pretty much one and the same. I would love to have a filter for my mouth sometimes, but I wouldn't be me without it. Apparently I have a tendency to be horribly sarcastic, elitest, and snide! ME! I know I was just as shocked to hear it!! Sometimes you just have to tell it like it is!

    I can't say that I'm tired of much today, but I have developed a hatred of poor work environments and inappropriate cell phone use. There is more to life, and although I do love my phone, I can use it without causing a distraction to those around me or endangering anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sick of when I straighten things up in the house on the weekend, and by the end of day Monday, everything is a mess again. I need to take the time every evening to get off my Franny and straighten up. Niki does a great job of keeping things clean and doing the laundry, but she doesn't know where to put things when my DH, DD and even me, leave things out. I'm also tired of feeling like I'm getting pudgy again, not eating right and not exercising. I just had a very nice salad for lunch and I have some goat cheese and crackers for a sensible (but decadent) snack this afternoon.

    By the way, if you're tired, try upping your iron intake by drinking nettle tea. I find I think I must get slightly anemic sometimes, as if I drink nettle tea (which is high in iron) it puts more pep in my step during the week.

    My inner rebel is just my alter-ego still called Heather. She can be such a b**** sometimes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that your car was broken into and your CD's stolen. Such an invasion. I really like Billy Joel too. In fact, my son is kind of named after him.
    My inner bad girl/rebel is called Alexis. She is the most beautiful woman that you will ever lay eyes on but she can be fatal, like a black rose. Alexis pitches up as and when needed and people who meet her usually wish that they had never known her. She can literally turn grown men into crying babies and is the older sister I wish I had.
    I posted on stuff making me tired. And I only got to two. Isn't that just fabulous?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm tired (literally and figuratively) of not being able to fall asleep until 4 or 5 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you feel better now that you've got that off your chest? ;-)

    I'm tired of:
    1) People who are always late for everything - if I can be there on time with a toddler I don't think anyone else has an excuse
    2) Driving to the CBD every damn day
    3) People who say they're going to help you, when really they're just there to see you battle
    4) My phone, I need a new one
    5) My car, also neeeeeed a new one - with aircon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love kelle's blog...and I never comment either!

    I'm sick of COLD weather!!! We had a few really warm days and now it's freezing again...hate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails