Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pre-Brazilian hair and 10 Tuesday titbits


  • That's my pre-Brazilian photo shoot with D on 30 Nov - I wanted lots of pics of the frizz :)
  • I finished all the Dec photos last night/ this morning at 12:30 am in the hospital. Go me. I have never been this up to date before. I think I'm scared because I had something like 298 from 23 - 26th so I have to keep up.
  • The photo frames all over my house were a big hit with everyone - D when he got home from the hospital and the in laws today. I really love the ones right outside the kids' bedroom - the set of pics where they're peeking around the pillar.

  • I was just telling MandyE that we got the kids some wooden things for Christmas (picture dominoes and counting puzzles). They are so lovely I've played with them more than the kids have! But really, I'm so tactile and the wood has such a lovely heavy feel. Mmmmm.
  • Speaking of playing with kids, Kendra and I had some lovely crafting time at the hospital. Washi tape was a hit with her too - she pretended they're plasters at first and then started sticking into her book.
  • It's POURING in Jhb at the moment and yes, I love it. Really, is there anything nicer than having some lovely rain outside? Not much. Of course I don't have to do laundry just yet...
  • I scheduled two sessions with the personal trainer this week (tomorrow and Friday morning) and I am SO GLAD I did. I feel fat and unhealthy and it's going to be hell for an hour tomorrow but it's going to be worth it. Eventually.
  • I bought 4 new nail polishes totalling R45 (about $5.50) today. Hot pink, bright blue, a pewter/ grey and another version of the purple I'm looking for, all in the post-Christmas sales. I promised the kids I'd do my finger and toenails tonight.
  • I can't find my Sony Cybershot's battery charger anywhere. This is very unlike me so I tidied the study the other night (Christmas night) and I still haven't found it. I always put it away but I could have not done so one day. Still, where??? (If you were a battery charger, where would you hide?)
  • I'm now 71% done with MWF Seeking BFF, and LOVING it. Seriously - I could write a blog post every 5 pages; I have so much to talk about. Who else has/ intends reading it?
And now, I need to get the tea things ready (the food) because our lovely friend is arriving soon. He works at Google - what a charmed life he leads, right?

So are you enjoying the holidays?


Are you lazing? Eating lots?


Or are you gearing up for next year?

(I used to think I was on top of new year planning but I've seen posts all over the blogosphere already about year in review and plans for next year - these people don't waste any time)


5 comments:

  1. Oooh I would NOT mind the rain at the moment. As long as it doesn't rain on Saturday and Sunday.
    I am feeling fat too. My plans with Elton didn't materialise this morning but hopefully tomorrow. Well, even if he doesn't come along I'm going alone. Need to get rid of this meh feeling.
    I am being a lazy bum. I am eating too much. And I am hardly planning 2012 as yet - think I will make time for this tomorrow.
    I would really like to read that book. Is there a paper version yet? I am currently reading "365 nights, a memoir of passion". It is rather interesting. I'm only one chapter in and I already see two blog posts.
    Anyway. Must clean this pigsty if I want to run and be creative tomorrow. Think I will do a vision board. Finally.
    How was dinner with your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my girls' wooden toys too! They got the Melissa & Doug geometric shapes puzzle set, and I have played with that thing so much...

    We have been incredibly lazy over the holiday week. I am back at work today (hence, the blog reading!), but I didn't even change out of my pajamas yesterday and it was fabulous. We had a good bit of rainy weather over the past few days, so it was extra fun to be warm and cozy inside. : )

    Glad to hear K is home from the hospital. Hope you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being caught up on pictures! I'm not far behind...hope to make more progress over the weekend, and be ready to close the 2011 picture books next week (at least online)! Wow!!!

    You know I love all the wooden stuff, too. The girls have their train set, and I have several more things for them for their birthday. It's the feel, and also the wooden smell. :)

    Did you have Tinker Toys as a kid? I had a set (probably still have it!) that I loved. The girls are a little young for it right now, but there's a huge tactile quality to it, too. Yum! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:34 pm

    Brazilian hair straightening treatments (also called Brazilian Keratin Treatment, BKT, Brazilian Blowout, Escova Progressiva, Keratin Cure or Keratin Straightening) are a method of temporarily straightening hair by sealing a liquid keratin and a preservative solution into the hair with a hair iron in the United States. It has been banned in several countries including Canada and the European Union due to high concentrations of regulated chemicals in them.
    Brazilian hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:39 pm

    Brazilian hair straightening treatments (also called Brazilian Keratin Treatment, BKT, Brazilian Blowout, Escova Progressiva, Keratin Cure or Keratin Straightening) are a method of temporarily straightening hair by sealing a liquid keratin and a preservative solution into the hair with a hair iron in the United States. It has been banned in several countries including Canada and the European Union due to high concentrations of regulated chemicals in them.
    Brazilian hair

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails