Thursday, December 22, 2011

Virtual Craft Day linky - Christmas edition


This month my goal was to make two different projects involving cards.

Let's do the easy one first.

Happy Birthday card

You know how much I love sending cards to people? I've started to rope in the kids so they get trained at a young age.

I got each child to sit on my lap and scribble ("write") in each of the Christmas cards. I did miss a few here and there because those were hectic days in the evenings.

Then we were invited to Nicola's birthday party.

I don't normally do birthday cards for the littles but this time I thought we would, seeing as they were used to doing cards.

As an aside, it is super adorable to see them writing :)

I took an A4 sheet of white project board, folded it in half, pasted a pink strip of paper on the inside and used my Happy Birthday punch for the cover.

I then pasted two, two-inch circles (free printables from somewhere on the internet - I print things regularly and punch them so they're ready to use) on the cover.

I asked V to let them decorate the inside as a craft one day last week (another bonus - keeps them busy for 10 minutes too) and they did a great job of putting their handprints on the inside.

Sorry, no pics - I took these before they did their craft.


And that was that - an easy card that we could all contribute towards.

Next up, mini notecards

I've been making 6 X 6 mini notebooks with binder rings (pics to come soonish).

When I cut out the squares from the A4 project board, there were all these edges left.

I just hate to waste anything (especially paper) so I kept them with a binder clip til inspiration struck.

One day I was looking for something in my craft drawer (hey, I need to show you pics), saw my stash of stickers and inspiration struck.

I folded the card in half, stuck on a sticker and that was that.

I was really tempted to get out the washi tape and go wild but that's when I realised my style is much simpler. If you don't like them so plain (some of you will be getting some of these), have at it and go wild. I will not be offended.

I had 42 cards so I made 7 sets of six notecards each with birds, crowns or dragonflies on them.


I then tied some of my Christmas doodle twine on it and voila, a cute little gift :)

I also made some M ones for me and some more with my Moo stickers (separate post because the Moo stuff deserves lots of words).


Christmas doodle twine


a few sets ready to go - I did these 4 in a meeting :) (the folding and sticking, not the making pretty)
some more Christmas twine
crowns


Bon-bon Doodle twine

I may be biased but I think they're gorgeous. They make me very, very happy when I look at them.

If I got some of these in the mail I would SQUEAL :)))))

What do you think? 

And now, link up your Christmas or other stuff - cooking/ baking, cards, crafts, decorations, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You are so, so CLEVER with this stuff! Have been stuck with the crafting these past few weeks. I will see what I can link later.
    I am just not getting the cards right! Am going to a photo place just now to have our picture printed on a Christmas card. So much to do today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...I saw some twine in the Khoki shop last week and it wasn't even that expensive! Think I will get some in the new year..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails