Monday, February 13, 2012

Just like that, 3 years ago

The babies at 7 months. Yes, they were cute but I'm so glad they talk and are mobile! :)
The other night when I went out with my ex-infertility group friends, we went to Colcaccio at Benmore Gardens.

D had to explain how to get there and I said to him, "WAIT. Is there a Fourno there?"

"Yes," he said.

Then I asked him, "and a Dis-chem?"

"Yes".

Well, I had to remind him that we went to that Fournos after one of our visits to the fertility centre.

We didn't often wander around but we went there one Saturday after we met Dr G to discuss what went wrong/ plan going forward after failed IVF1.

Anyway, the other night I parked in the nearest parking lot as I always do.

I hate driving around aimlessly so I park quickly and then I walk.

And I walked past that Fournos on the way to meet my friends.

Just looking at the door brought it all right back.

Amazing.

Here I was with all that long behind me, two babies fast asleep at home, and I was transported back to that day in an instant.

The weird thing is I happened to mention it to the girls and none of them even remembered anything about their IVFs, etc. I think that was stranger to me than me having a mini-flashback.

I can remember every little thing.

I even remember what I wore to that meeting, and what that waiting room felt like, sounded like (94.7 - radio station) and all the decor and the sun streaming in because it was on a sunny corner of the building.

And then how the other side (the more serious side) of the waiting room was always so quiet, with all the girls waiting to be called by the doctors and examined.

Freaky.

Anyway, what about you?

If you think back, do you remember things in much detail, or not at all?

PS I found the second duvet so I am HAPPY! I now have two matching duvets suitable for the kids' new beds - yay!

12 comments:

  1. Every. Stinkin'. Detail.

    Despite my efforts at trying to forget, it's all fresh in my mind. What I can't remember much of is the day they were born! But there were lots of drugs and doctors involved there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the situation and how painful it is. When I am healing and working through something then the little details usually come back. Whether or not I want them to.

    Am soooo happy that you found your duvet.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can, especially when it comes to TTC, miscarriages, and infertility. Many hug...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember every.single.thing. everything. it doesn't help that i have/had access to my own medical record, so i would read it all.the.time. i knew everything.

    but i'm like that. i'll remember details about a lot of stuff. other things? i apparently block them out. it's not uncommon for b to talk about something that i swear he is making up!! i won't remember anything.

    oh! and guess who finally gets to pick up BFF from the library! i'm going to get it tomorrow! yay!

    strongblonde.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely remember so much about our time TTC. Just driving down that road is surreal...now with two babies in the car. :) We've taken the girls a couple of times to the restaurant where we used to eat when we'd go for appointments. Also surreal, for sure.

    Yea for the duvet! And Hey! that rhymes. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny enough, some situations are so clear in my ind - I remember every detail. Like the morning we found out it was twins. I even remember that she was playing Mozart in her rooms that morning.

    Other situations not so much . My memory is selective. Does not help that hubby has one like an elephant - he remembers every detail of everything from a very young age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny enough, some situations are so clear in my ind - I remember every detail. Like the morning we found out it was twins. I even remember that she was playing Mozart in her rooms that morning.

    Other situations not so much . My memory is selective. Does not help that hubby has one like an elephant - he remembers every detail of everything from a very young age.

    So glad you found the duvet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember. Most of the details.

    The calls with the results I remember clearest. Especially the last call. Actually that whole day. And the first positive result I got too. I visit doctors in the same building as the clinic I went to, and every time I step into the lift I think back automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some things I remember very vividly...others not so much. For instance I could tell you exactly what I was trying to eat when I had my first bout of morning sickness and suspected I should maybe go buy a test...but a friend was telling me the other day that I rocked up at her house VERY emotional after my doctor was diagnosed with brain cancer (that I remember) and she asked me how my mood swings were and in the middle of what was clearly a BIG one I told her,"I don't know what everybody goes on about. I haven't even had any yet." I don't remember that at all. Mwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Things that make my happy I remember in detail...things that hurt and made me unhappy I try my best to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember certain things in detail. I remember my favorite sandals I wore to all my IVF appointments! None of the ladies ever talked in our waiting room either. And I can't listen to Phil Collins or Genesis anymore because the RE played it on a constant loop for all the months I went for the final months of trying to have the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are very good at remembering every detail.
    I don't :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails