Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The easiest cookies ever - oats and raisin




 







These are my favourite biscuits to make because they're easy, they yield a lot and they're drop cookies.

Flour all over my counters and on the floor makes me a little bit crazy.

Ingredients
1 cup sugar (when I do a batch for the babies, I only use half a cup)
1/2 cup margarine (100 g, roughly)
1 egg
1/3 cup milk - I probably end up using 2/3 because the mixture always feels like it needs more
1 1/2 cup sifted flour
1 1/2 cup oats (any brand, any time - this recipe is very forgiving)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
½ - ¾ cup raisins

Method

TIP - when you're mixing the dry ingredients, mix another batch or two so there's even less mess in your kitchen next time :)

* Melt the butter in the microwave with a sheet of roller towel on the top so you don't mess.
* Cream. (Beat with a hand mixer if you also don't have strong arms like me).
* Add the dry ingredients and the egg.
* Combine
* Grease your baking sheets or use baking paper like I do
* These are drop cookies. Take a teaspoon full of the dough and place on baking sheet.
* Allow for space to spread during the baking process.
* Flatten them out a little bit with the back of a teaspoon or fork and some water.
* Bake at 350 degrees/ 180 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes. I suggest that you check them so that they don't start burning around the edges like mine sometimes do.

Yields about 4 dozen.

They are DELICIOUS and I'm not sure how long they last because they're gone at my house within days.

What was the last thing you baked?

PS Happy Valentine's Day :)

I'm linking this post to all these lovely parties.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies! I'm not always a huge raisin fan, but I make an exception for those! :) And - in the grand scheme of cookies - I think they're sorta-kinda healthy? Oats and raisins, ya know?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all love these. D is also not a raisin fan. I usually make a sheet for him without, and then put raisins for the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like easy..so these look like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooooookies! Doesn't really matter what is in them, I'll love them regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those do look yummy...might have togive baking yet another "shot"!!

    Hope your day is going great!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite!!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids are not huge raisin fans but they do love oatmeal cookies! Yours look delicious!!!

    Last thing I baked was chocolate chip cookies, which were gone within an hour. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look really nice! Hmmm, last thing I baked? Maybe a cake? Or maybe my grandmother's banana bread. I should give you my grandmother's chocolate balls recipe. No baking, but sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your tip of making two batches of the dry ingredients at the same time - saving the second batch for later. I spend more time gathering ingredients than baking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails