Monday, May 28, 2012

{Create} DIY paper tape



This is one of those crafty things I stumbled upon quite by accident.

The ones that seriously make you feel like a genius :)

When I made a mini-book for the fertility group's Secret Santa last year, I made some paper tape, packaged it all up for the gift and then totally forgot to make more and blog about it.

And then I was blog browsing the craft blogs and before I knew it, I'd landed upon Sweet Muffin Suite where I found these fun and colourful printables.

I printed out a sheet and that weekend had myself a TON of fun.

Is there anything better than sticking and cutting and seeing the pretty afterwards?! Not much, I tell you.

Supplies
  1. Any pretty patterned paper - this time I used these printables - but this is also a fantastic way to use up bits of scrapbook paper. I throw NOTHING away so I always have bits and bobs lying around. If you're the same, use those bits.
  2. Double-sided tape (the best invention ever, after washi tape :))
  3. Scissors
 

How to do it:

  1. Well, to keep my page from moving, I use some Prestik (sticky stuff) to keep my page affixed to my desk blotter.
  2. Stick the patterned side to the desk blotter!
  3. Then carefully paste strips of double-sided tape to the edge of your page.
  4. I do one on each edge of the page and then cut those off, then the next two and cut. You'll be moving closer and closer to the middle if you do it my way :)
  5. My double-sided tape was the perfect thickness for these printables (about 18 mm wide) and I got mine at Crazy Store

And that is that - it is easy as pie.

But be careful, once you start you can't stop.

I then pulled out old scrapbook paper, gift wrap, etc. and went wild.



oh yes, this was the weekend after the terrible manicure. BTW, I complained and I haven't even had a response to my mail so don't go to Perfect 10 in Killarney.
that's how it looks when you peel off the tape
So what do you use it for?

I'm using mine in my mini-books, for labels (write on them with a nice black permanent marker) and any other place you'd normally use tape (clothespins).

If you make some, please come tell me where to go have a look. And if you find more cute printables that this craft will work with, I'm all ears :)

I'm linking up to these parties.

What have you created lately?

PS come back on Thursday for our monthly linky party.

9 comments:

  1. These are soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty. I have not created anything lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so going to do this! Brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:19 am

    I love reading your posts and find your creativity exciting. Last night I re-created the "Cherry Blossom Canvas". If you have a moment, come and have a look and tell me what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! As always, you are quite the crafty one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting .... wheels turning ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's neat! I always have so many paper scraps that this would be a good way to use them up...thanks for ANOTHER great idea!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails