Saturday, May 05, 2012

My very ambitious goals for May

I've mentally scheduled time to have a mini goals retreat, all by my lonesome.

I can't wait.

I know this seems weird but this is exciting for me. Time to take stock of exactly how I'm going to move forward through the rest of the year, time to set business and personal intentions for my US trip (!), just time to plan.


Spiritual

  1. Read all 31 days of my devotional.
  2. Ask God for something small every day - guide a meeting, give clarity, parking places, etc. just so I can start exercising my faith again.
Family 
  1. Have three dates with D (two dates are now on track so it's time to up our game). For one, watch a favourite DVD.
  2. Put 80% of savings in an investment account with the turquoise bank because I'm only motivated to save if I see almost nothing :) I've done all the research - just need to make time to phone them and do it.
  3. Take the kids to Adega (we have a Groupon)
  4. Go see two pre-schools.
  5. Progress on getting child 2 potty trained before it gets cold again. We are bribing with raisins - my kids think raisins are the ultimate sweet thing (well, they are great!).
  6. Get Nanny S trained properly - I've set aside next Sat to do this.
Work
  1. Do really big sub-project on Big Project at work.
  2. Get all copy approved. It's starting to feel as big as my business website (about 80 pages!) but I keep reminding myself it's only about 25% of that.
Business
  1. Get book Kindle-ised 
  2. Set up website
  3. Get my VA to make individual PDFs of all the forms in the book and load them on a members-only page
  4. Start advertising to my list



Friends
  1. Lunch with R and family
  2. Lunch/ early supper with friends K & B
  3. Supper with my friend A
  4. Early supper with Louisa
  5. My friend, R's 30th.
  6. Good, quality time with dear friend J

Health and fitness
  1. Go to gym with Connor 4 times
  2. Work out at new gym 4 times
  3. Lose 2 kg (stretch goal 3 kg)
  4. Get 7 - 7.5 hours of sleep daily (this is going to be hard... but I'll have to work on not taking so many pics so I can stop playing til midnight)
Personal
  1. Book flights
  2. Make a spreadsheet with ALL my financial stuff - RA's, preservation fund, work provident fund, unit trusts, etc.
  3. Read 5 books, two of them non-fiction.  This month's NF books are Confidence: now is your time and One Person Multiple Careers.
  4. Do 4 random acts of kindness, one of them - send pics to Nanny V (finally went through the 150 pics on Thurs)
  5. Mini goals retreat
Creating
  1. Declutter inspiration folder. I'm finding myself reading about creating more than actually creating and that has got to stop!
  2. April month in review page in mini scrapbook
  3. Have FUN with Superhero photo. Finish WELL. Keep playing.
  4. Finish my canvas craft that's half done...
  5. Do a craft with buttons!
  6. Print enlargements and do canvas photos for babies' bedroom
  7. Print Sabie pics for scrapbook
  8. Stretch goal - start blogging UK trip from 4 years ago.

Have you set goals/ intentions for May? Link up your posts in the comments. 

If you're not into setting goals, tell me... what was the best thing you did in April?

PS I realise there is WAY too much on this list but a lot can be done quickly, or at least, that's what I'm hoping for.

4 comments:

  1. Sjoe. You are having a whopper of a May! I have unsubscribed to all those craft blogs - I follow them on Pinterest anyway and they usually pin whatever they make. Was also thinking last week that I need to schedule a retreat for myself. Going to see what I can pull off in June. Can't wait to spend some QT with you. Everything is falling into place as we speak. And seriously. Getting enough sleep is AWESOME. You will feel like a different person. Promise.
    Will link up later. Must dry my hair quickly. Michelle is coming in about 2 hours. Am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's mine: http://myorbit365.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/things-to-do-in-may/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big list! I'm looking forward to my bit in it. ;-)

    Ps! The biggest thing for me with potty training Nicola is getting her to sit still long enough on the loo for sonething to happen. My bribe is blowing bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a huge list but if someone can do it ti will be you. I actually started makimg my list in draft and then very quickly did 3 of the 6 items in this week. Now I feel a it stupid about finishing it, but I will try. You will,be happy to know that 2 were crafts that I did and will link in this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails