Thursday, May 03, 2012

{SP2} Up close and personal

I'm probably going to annoy a lot of you but I seriously can't tell you enough how much I'm enjoying Superhero Photo.

So much so that Mandy and I have decided to do Elevate the Ordinary in June.

Yes, I'm mad - as if I don't already have enough going on - but it feels right so I'm in.

And for those on the fence of perfectionism..... please just jump in.

She has a special on at the moment ($49 for any of her courses) if you use the code MAMASROCK49.
Click here to visit Superhero Designs.
 
Moving on.

I've been thinking about why I'm enjoying this format of course so much andhere are my thoughts:

  1. I really like that she released us from perfectionism to do as much or as little as we want.
  2. She said her definition of success (my words) is if we view the world differently after this course. I've got a head start because I've always been a little weird, especially with photos. But yes, this has opened my eyes even more. Especially week one's theme of movement.
  3. If we get see things differently, we will get some pics we LOVE and that will be mission accomplished. As far as I'm concerned, I was happy one week in so I'm ecstatic now. I'm getting lovely pics (at least I think so).
  4. There's a lesson every day - but not homework every day - that's key for me. So I'm inspired but my to-do list isn't growing longer by the day. How refreshing.
  5. We do get one page of photo prompts every week.I usually go outside and do it all in 30 minutes :) The kids run around so it's nice for them too.
  6. There are inspiring interviews and for those who lean towards the technical, there's one lesson per week to deal with a technical aspect of photography.
  7. So it's bitsy enough and at the same time, meaty enough.
  8. I'm playing with my camera as I see fit or truthfully, when the light's good because for the life of me, I can't take pics inside when it starts getting darker.
This week's focus was on taking those up close and personal pics with a low f-stop. Hello! I now "get" the concept of f-stop.

Here are my offerings - enjoy :)

green burglar bars
about 5:32 outside my house - it's nearly winter

hands holding fruit - don't you love her little smile?

Connor's hands holding fruit
a heart on your path - can you see the heart?

the heart of a flower - I have about 3 tiny flowers in my entire low-maintenance garden

sun is seriously setting...
rusty gate - now here's making the small things pretty :)
objects on a table

she really got into it and then brought me all sorts of treasures :)
feather
There are more from Sabie - gorgeous pics some of them but I'm intimidated by the 427 I still have to go through. And I've already done a first delete :)


Which was your favourite?

PS tomorrow I will blog about having friends over for Friendship Friday. Will you join me?
PPS yes, I know I need to still put up my May goals.
PPPS feel free to skip reading these posts if they're not your thing - I'm documenting for me so I can track my progress.

7 comments:

  1. I am soooo in love with it! I can't wait for June, I now feel like a I have a summer project :)

    My favorite picture, still the gate! I'm waiting for your self-portraits!!

    Can't wait for the friendship post. If I can make the backyard presentable by summer I think I want to entertain some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Burglar bars photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all lovely but my favs are 1,8,10,12 and the last one with the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photography is really growing! In leaps and bounds. Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning and beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! I need to take more photos again- ever since I got a phone with a decent camera in it, I rarely break out my DSLR

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails