Friday, May 17, 2013

{Friendship Friday} High tea with blog friends

Many months ago I saw a Groupon that was for 2, 4 or 6 people.

I wanted to invite Mrs FF because she's always game for anything (I love that about you, F!) and then I had the mad idea to invite 5 bloggers and make it a "thing".

So I did.

5 quickly responded, Groupon was bought, banking details were handed out.

Back and forth with emails and such til we finagled a good date since the place only does high tea every second Sunday. Once we settled on the date, I sent out a meeting invite with the Groupon and all we had to do was pitch.

Well, apparently there were a few grumpy bloggers whose GPS led them astray and very nearly didn't pitch :)

Is it wrong to say I'm so glad this doesn't only happen to me?

We were all together at first til Louisa and Jeanette left, and then Mrs FF, Laura and I sat chatting for a long time afterwards. So lovely!!!

Anyway, here are my pics.

I have 3 hand shots - i might just change my project 25 faces to 25 hand shots for my next list :)
or feet :) Laura's feet - I LOVE THIS BLACK AND WHITE!
Laura has a perfect profile, doesn't she? (I'm afraid I got a bit carried away - I had about 5 pics - this one is my favourite)
colour!
bee
beautiful smile - Laura
and another beautiful smile - Mrs FF
Laura, Jeanette, Mrs FF, Louisa
Laura grabbed my camera so I could get in the pics too
messing around...
love this angle - deep discussions and notice the hands on hips :)
When was the last time you stepped out of the (friendship) box?

13 comments:

  1. Lesley11:14 pm

    Love all these pictures Marcia, looks like a lovely day!
    Stepped out the friendship box last Sunday, invited a new friend and her family around for dinner after church - with another family that we both know. There were 6 extra small children! Had a great time with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you use the timer??? It's not a group shot unless the entire group is present!

    I love cinemascope but I don't feel it's something I could ever print/post.

    This who ordeal has me excited. I have high tea Sunday, a woman from work loves to host people. This is me stepping out of my box. She is super excited I'm coming (awkward!) and I'm afraid I'll disappoint her with my terribly boring life. But yay for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lot of fun Marcia! Thank you again for organising. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an awesome afternoon :) And LOL I get grumpy with my GPS often ;) in fact, I'm a pretty grumpy person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanette - you are many things - not sure I would ever say grumpy was one them though.

    LOL I look so worried though in that profile.

    It was a great afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pictures, Marcia! And love-love-love that you all made time to get together!!!

    I don't think I've stepped out of the friendship box too much lately, although I have had some "friend" time recently...out for S's birthday on Wednesday night, and then met her and K for coffee on Thursday morning while the girls were in school. I also had some time with Emily (bead shop) over the past week or so.

    I'm organizing a surprise baby shower for another friend, and I cannot wait! I guess that's stepping out a bit, as I'm inviting five people I don't know. :)

    Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Hugs to you, Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, what a divine idea! I love this and that you just randomly organised it!

    We just had a completely awesome bloggie friend - but now IRL friend, week away at San Lameer. Perfect does not begin to describe how awesome it was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ALL the pics, especially the ones of Mrs FF and Laura. The last time I stepped out of the friendship box was last week. I called a colleague who hadn't been in the office for some time. I was worried and I had reason to be. And then I went to her house after work to take her something sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:39 pm

    last week i attended a dinner with work people that i really didn't want to. and i had a good time. does that count? ;) OH!!! and i joined the local tri club. i haven't attended an event yet, due to my crazy schedule, but i JOINED! (makes me think of something MWF would do!!)

    how lucky that you have such great bloggers living in close proximity! i only have a few and it's impossible to work something out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an amazing day! I love hanging out with my friends, and it doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:37 pm

    Sounds like an awesome day out! Would be cool to meet all those ladies one day (actually I have met Laura, she's divine!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this...I hope to get to JHB some time soon so that we can have a meet up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails