Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Today's presentation and my farewell

Well friends, it was great!

One of the things I'm most passionate about is people doing their "thing". I love to see people all working together, each doing their thing, creating a SUPERB end product.

And that's what we did today.

N is awesome at putting together presentations (our deck was about 102 slides.....), I am awesome at getting people to tell me everything (!), people insights and presenting, T is good at being a general support, staying focussed and not getting flustered, and C is good at making boring data tell a story and presenting it in an interesting way.

This morning I was outsourced to another project to do some other work which was good = no time for nerves.

When we got together we were still rushing around but I told them, "we are going to do an AMAZING job".

C said, "is there something you know that we don't?"

And I said, "yes, God has got this covered" because really, I felt such peace today.

C left me a lovely message on my voicemail on his way home complimenting my part of the presentation - of the 3 hours, T did about 5 minutes, I did about 45 minutes and C did the rest.

I am SO proud of all the work we did and I almost want to say that all that crazy of the last nearly 5 weeks was worth it.... :)

I'm also particularly pleased that I spoke well and knew my stuff because that was high visibility for me in front of very senior people which does my "brand" good.

Moving on....

Here are pics of my farewell the other week....I can't show you some of my best pics which were really really nice photos of my team mates.


food
ex-boss's hands - this is signature L :)
my hand - that's a really dark purple nail polish and a very delicious brownie!



my colleague's hand
ex-ex boss's hands
Which is your favourite photo? What is your key teamwork strength? 
PS I've already been told a couple of times I'm going to LOVE this next phase as it taps into my people strengths perfectly - lots of coaching and mentoring :) woohoo

9 comments:

  1. So glad you're sounding happier about your new role :) and thrilled your presentation went so well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm just about coming down from the presenting "high" now, 5 hours later.

      Delete
  2. Hooray! Now you can keep on keepin' on with your awesomeness. As for my strength, I'd say research. I would say I'm not much of a team player. :( I'd rather do it myself.

    That wine picture is amazing, and I'm torn between it and the food picture. Maybe that's because I'm starving at the moment. LOL Why are they so pixelated? As that just on my end?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you sound like a different person to the one before I got married :) So glad you sound so happy and energised!!

    Your farewell looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always like to photograph people's hands and I love that.
    Love your nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the wine photo best!
    My strength is operational. Give me a snagg and a bit of time and I WILL find a work around that makes it all better.

    I'm so glad it went well and that you're sounding much happier. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so totally happy it all went well. Bcause now you know what you knew from the start- this is so YOU! Love all the hands, but the ex boss' most

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo thrilled that it went well. I can hear in your words that you are on a high. Am totally getting the ex-bosses hand. That looks like my bosses hand btw. And my favourite image here is the wine being poured. Stunning.
    I would say that my key teamwork strength is that I don't lose sight of the fact that we are ultimately dealing with people and real emotions and not only with numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:18 pm

    Glad it all went so well! Onwards and upwards as they say.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails