Monday, August 12, 2013

Big-girl party favours!

This is a quick post because I've got about 30 minutes til I'm done selecting exactly 76 photos from Plett to fill up my 2013 holiday album... although I suspect there will be another long weekend soon.... because I'm cracking.

Today again, I was crying a little on the way in.

This has got to stop.

I chased up the job... still waiting for the other people's assessments so I've not been eliminated yet.

Don't stop praying.


Okay, for my birthday lunch last weekend (feels like forever ago!), I had a spur-of-the-moment idea to give the ladies little party favours.

I have a thing for lip glosses so I always throw one or two in the basket and then I just toss the packs into my "spares" drawer til I need them, and of course, I keep buying more. Believe me, I could have given about 15 people party favours...

Anyway, I stamped "thank you" on the white bags (remember I bought 1000 in error AGES ago but this was a very "good" mistake because I love those bags). I then pulled off all the packaging from the lip glosses so they would fit in the bags nicely and look cute (very important).

I was going to washi them closed but when I was looking in the craft pile I found a set of these wooden alphabet pegs.

There were two Cs and two Ls so for one of each, I just used their daughter's initial :) 




Louisa's lunch
my lunch

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Marcia...those are gorgeous! It makes my heart happy just to see them. :) You know I love the littlest things...and I know the joy you had in putting them together. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibs! I'm the only one here that eats them so they are such a savored meal for me!!

    So sweet of you to hand out favors and such a clever use of the things you have on hand. I know for sure I would have gone out for more chapstick for fear I might run out of the 47 I have stashed away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my website =). We could have a link exchange arrangement between us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were so great :) I LOVE those little bags! I had to hide my lip gloss from Kiara (and it turns out Jack)

    ARGH about the work situation :( I really hope and pray you get positive answers asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how creative you get with gifts and party favors. Love this. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is such a cute and cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, i love these - so cute!

    Have been, and will continue to pray for you.

    Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:50 pm

    Keeping up with those prayers - God will breakthru the work situation, He will!

    Love the favours - so clever!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lunch was delicious, and it was a really cute gift! Nicola stole mine as soon as she saw it of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lesley5:04 pm

    Such a cute and thoughtful idea!

    Am praying and will continue! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so clever!
    Hoping something happens at work to change things

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Marcia, I find your attention to detail so touching. You are one fantastic friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute. I may steal this idea because I'm having tea with 2 of my girlfriends next week. My last birthday party for the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails