Monday, August 05, 2013

The photo that sums up Plett for me and ...the books read version

I'm not a huge fan of book reviews - both reading them and writing them.


I don't believe most reviews of books because I know I probably won't enjoy it (definitely anything serious :)) and they won't enjoy mine.

There are only two people who have the same taste in books as I do (Helene and Shayne).

That said, I still want to tell you about a few books I loved recently. These all got 4 stars - I only give life-changing books like Motherstyles 5 stars :)


Marian Keyes - Mammy Walsh's A - Z of the Walsh Family
It's a short book but laugh out loud funny. You'll love it especially if you've read her other novels.






Mammy Walsh's A-Z of the Walsh Family (Walsh Family, #6)

Then in an attempt to get 3 things off my 38 things list, I read three authors I haven't read for a LONG time.

Jeffery Deaver - XO

XO (Kathryn Dance, #3)


Sinead Moriarty - This child of mine
I enjoy all Sinead Moriarty's books. ALL!

This Child of Mine

Penelope Trunk - The new american dream
People commented on my FB that she's a nutjob, etc. I personally find her to challenge my thinking a lot and I love that.  I really loved this book!

Erin Kaye - The promise of happiness
A new author to me and I was HOOKED. I've since bought a Kindle copy of this book for a friend, and another two of hers for me. I can't WAIT!

https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1344677183m/9166577.jpg


James Patterson - Now you see her
You'll read it in two days even if you work full-time and you have twins :)

Now You See Her

Roisin Meaney - The Daisy Picker
Another new author  - LOVE LOVE LOVE
I bought another one too....


And then... Helene recommended these 2 to me - LOVED them all so here you go (esp you, Shayne :))

Linwood Barclay - Never look away

My D told me that one of these crime writers (I think Jeffery Deaver) said Linwood Barclay is someone they personally enjoy reading. Flip - you will NOT put this down. I read the sample on my kindle, bought the book at like midnight, and carried on reading til 1 that first night!

I haven't bought another yet because I can't afford to read half the night and I know that's what will happen.



Never Look Away: A Thriller

Louise Millar - The Playdate
Again, brilliant!



The Playdate

For my birthday month, I'm going to totally indulge and read all my chick-lit on my kindle and not bother myself with physical books I have to get through :)

What are you reading at the moment? What's on your to-read list?


In other news, while we were on holiday, one morning I was literally on the floor taking pics of these boots.

If I had to choose one pic that sums up the holiday, it would be this one :) Gorgeous house, boots, sea sand....


gorgeous light - oh this house was perfect for photos
Connor sees me on the floor taking pics, nabs his boots and runs off
So I refocus just on these ones...
and then he decided to return and take these too. Caught!

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for recommendations! I really need to read some more Marian Keyes...I haven't in years. And Sinead Moriarty is on my list, thanks to you. : )

    Me Before You is the best thing I've read lately. I could see you enjoying it--it's set in England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me buy more books!! Going to have to remember about this post when I go hunting for reading material again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the pics and yeah for book recommendations. Sinead Moriarty is without a doubt one of my new favorites. Am going to try some of the others too.

    I have just read : 16 Years in a Thai Prison - the Vanessa Goosen story - well worth the read. And am reading Stealing Mona Lisa - which seems promising

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and happy Birthday for today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Marian Keyes and we do have some James Patterson in one of your bookshelves!

    I am currently reading The Accidental Wife :) Ploughed through 2 books this past week after a visit to my second hand shop!!!

    OOOOHH and you will be very proud of me - there are 2 boxes of books going to my 2nd hand book shop at my front door! Taking them when I fetch kids later!

    AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book reviews...I need a few new authors. I love the boots photos...so cute and your little man caught on to your photo taking so quickly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone gave me a bag full of murder mysteries, so I'm kind of working my way through those before I buy any new books...well sort of, cause someone also gave me an early exclusive books voucher so obviously i need to go shopping with that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:29 pm

    I've just read two Nora Roberts books which I loved - easy reading. Now I'll need to look at downloading some of the ones you have on this post - look quite interesting.

    Love those pics - where did you guys stay in Plett? Does look gorgeous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool pics! I only read reviews for movies - rarely for books. I'm currently busy with a Deon Meyer (Trackers) and my BF bought me This Child of mine which is next.
    Hope you had a great day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading a LOT lately..

    I just read a trilogy from an author I had never heard of and loved it- it starts with Born. http://www.amazon.com/Born-The-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B009AMB48Q/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1
    The third came out July 15th and i was so anxious to read it.

    It might not be your style though.

    Another one I've read recently was called When I Found You- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANAE6PM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ANAE6PM&linkCode=as2&tag=thetat01-20

    Another great book. I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails