Sunday, February 01, 2015

It had nothing to do with me

A few weeks ago I was sitting in church and I noticed a lady sitting near us.

I felt quite distinctly that I had to give her a really nice journal/ notebook for her church / Bible study notes, something "too nice to write in".

And then I got home and all that was forgotten.

Next Sunday I remembered again, and when I left, I forgot.

But last week, I wrote it down and last night, I actually had a perfect one for her which I wrapped up nicely.

I also wrote a note that God wanted her to have this and when she uses it, she should know she is loved.


Today I arrived at church and she wasn't there.

I thought, "oh NO! Now I've missed it and the woman left and now what?"

(I'm on a permanent mission to listen and obey, and I personally feel your ability to hear increases the more obedient you are)

Anyway, about 20 minutes from the end of the service, I spotted her in another section of the church.

She started packing up before church ended so I panicked a little but I grabbed the present and rushed over there.

"This is for you," I said, as I touched her shoulder.

She looked surprised and off I went.


Her daughter then appears next to me asking me for my name and phone number, which I wrote down, but I said, "it's got nothing to do with me".

After church she found me (I asked the daughter what her mom's name was) and she thanked me, again I said, "it's not from me, God told me to give it to you" and you know what she said?

When I opened the gift, I started crying. I always have to see to everyone else in my family and there's never anything left for me. But now I know God is looking out for me!

And of course, I beamed! I love this stuff.

Most of all, I loved being a vessel who listened and was able to play a tiny part in showing this lady that she is loved by Him.

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! Goosebumps! What a wonderful moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Marcia! I know your heart is smiling so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely inspiring story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome God. Awesome confirmation for that lady.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh. That's beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails