Thursday, February 05, 2015

The two bright things about having no nanny

Long story short, nanny F hasn't been at work this entire week.

So we are cleaning, laundering, making lunches, wiping all the time.

Not really fun because it's never ending. On top of working full-time, blogging and such.

But there are two things I love:
  1. I know exactly what's going on in my house. If I put something there, it remains there.
  2. My cleaning products last!
I'm not sure when (if) she'll be back but in the meanwhile, I'm really glad we have 8 golf shirts and 4 shorts for the kids.

Woohoo - tomorrow's Friday. Except Fridays are the worst days for traffic AND I have an 8 am meeting. I have no idea how I'm going to make it.

What's your favourite household chore?
Least favourite?

(My favourite, after organising, is cleaning the bathroom - I love it when it sparkles. And my least favourite is laundry because it never ends!!!)

PS 3 weeks til Nanny S comes back
PPS pretend there's a laundry pic accompanying this post
PPPS no, we're not saving any money because we're paying exorbitant aftercare rates...

10 comments:

  1. Is cooking a chore - love it!!! Worst - Ironning!!!! Hate it with a passion



    Why is she not at work? Is she ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a little bit of a nightmare... wishing you all the very best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:45 am

    Favourite and housework don't go together in my books! HATE cleaning with the passion. My worst is ironing though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind the washing of laundry...but the ironing is completely not my thing!

    My favourite household chore is pottering in the garden. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to do washing - its fresh and clean smelling and I love laundry drying in the sun. I can however not iron one little bit - and hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precisely why I can't imagine going back to work!

    I love putting things away, the general tidy. I hate laundry, but my least favorite chore is cleaning the toilets which I refuse to do. That's his job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate ALL the housework but the thing I hate the most is ironing and cleaning the bathroom. I like making up my bed. And the laundry. I do a load every other day so it never really piles up. And I basically press a button and walk away. THAT is my kind of chore.

    Also. I think I mentioned on your grocery posts that I ration my helper with the cleaning materials. Since I've been doing that my stuff lasts ALL MONTH LONG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind vacuuming and washing floors...but ironing and packing away groceries does my head in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate doing dishes until I start doing them. Then I don't mind doing dishes - either washing them by hand or packing them in the dishwasher. I find that it's a good time to think. Also, I started following FLY-Lady's Baby Steps - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/ - for a while a couple of years ago and the Swish & Swipe of the bathroom has stuck. I don't iron at all - never learned how, have failed miserably in every attempt and why should I, when my husband is perfectly good at it? ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite household chore is doing the washing. Also love a sparkly bathroom! WORST is ironing - i just can't!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails