Monday, February 23, 2015

Enough sleep?

one of my favourites of Connor last year, taken at Champagne Sports Resort

I've been exhausted for the last week or so.

Some of it is due to going to bed too late but I think a lot of it is due to nanny pressures and all of that emotional stuff.

I haven't told the blog even a tenth of what we've gone through because, truthfully, I don't want comments about this being a first world problem, which I do know.

It also doesn't make it any easier.

I find myself saying to D, "it's only ___ days; we'll just suck it up".

So I think because I know Nanny S comes back in 4 days' time, the tiredness suddenly feels like it's overtaking me.

I put on my goals list last Thursday that I want to get at least 7 hours sleep a night. 7 hours is my enough; if I get 8 hours, I'm a machine! I've been doing really great with that - I definitely average over 7 hours now even though two nights were under 7 hours.

Of course a key part of me getting enough sleep is the simplest thing imaginable - switch off the computer at 10.30 :)

With that said, I've got to send out a resized photo for my Love Languages workshop and then I'm off to bed after I pack my lunch.

How much sleep do you get?
Is it enough for you?

12 comments:

  1. No! We need a new bed. Its bad! I am not sleeping! That really is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a man who I bought my bed from. Will email you.

      Delete
  2. I'm getting a lot less than I did before...somehow I'm not tired though. ;-) I'm getting about 5 or 6 a night now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the love :)

      I am wrecked if I get anywhere below 6 hours!

      Delete
  3. Just like Laura said, we need a new bed, too. We bought our current mattress about 2 years ago and it is already stuffed! (And it's a big name brand, too!) Also, I get up between 4:30 and 4:50 in order to run in the mornings, so if I go to bed anywhere after 21:30 - 22:00 at the VERY latest, I'm in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you make time for your 7 hours, MeeA.

      I'm emailing you the bed guy's name too :)

      Delete
  4. I have been going to bed way too late for the last two/three weeks. That is going to change tonight. I need a good solid 8 hours tonight. Also stress just drains one.

    BTW he looks so tiny on that photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE it when I see signs of baby in them :)

      Hope you've had some good sleep this week!

      Delete
  5. I need 8 hours of sleep per night in order to function. I'm currently averaging 7.5. Going to bed at night is HARD! So many books to read and knitting projects to start and complete! Also. My bed needs to be replaced.

    Hope you feel less tired soon. Nearly time for Nanny S to come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if my bed guy does outside of Jhb....

      I'd be happy with 7, and then I could work up to 7.5 and ultimately 8. You're right - so many things to do but most of them are not as important as sleep, let's be honest :)

      Delete
  6. I thought I was sleeping for 8 hours or more but with the Fitbit I realise I do 5-6!!! Too little. I usually aim for 7-8. If I exercise 5-6 is more than enough but when I've been a lazy bum I need 8 else I'm yawning by 2 pm

    Ps: you are doing less blogposts these day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely don't get enough sleep. Even on the nights when I sleep for 7+ hours I wake up feeling tired and drained. I am now taking magnesium again as I think the exercise is depleting my stores of mag and effecting my sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails