Friday, May 29, 2015

Speaking of kiddies' restaurants, a friend date

We met up with a certain friend, L, and her man friend (the people at work told me it's the done thing - it's a THING? - to call boyfriends over 25 "man friends" and since I'm not at all fashionable, I'll take their word for it) at Bambanani on Sunday.

My word - it was busy and loud, and she said it was even louder outside. I only ventured outside right at the end to take ONE pic with my iphone.


I don't mind Bambanani because their food is all good but they changed the menu (really, why do restaurants do this?!) and the chicken curry I ordered was acceptable, but not drool-worthy like it was before.

However, the company was great.

It was soooo nice chatting with L and meeting the man friend :) and seeing how the Pink Terrorist has grown.

Since L and I were chatting about it, this post talks about when we first met each other there in Sept 2011. Go look at the cute babies!


This weekend we have quite a full weekend - a birthday party for a special little girl tomorrow and then tea the next day with another special little girl (we can't go to her party as it's also on Saturday so I suggested tea).

What are you up to this weekend?

PS Laura, today is a year since we had that breakfast at Mugg and Bean in Midrand :)

6 comments:

  1. The girls and I are hanging out in the morning, and then I'm getting a MASSAGE tomorrow afternoon!!! I just wish the weather looked sunnier...I think it's going to be pretty wet here. That definitely limits our opportunities for a park date. :/

    Hope you enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Hows that and Emma was still so tiny!

    We had no plans today, D is away and I have just dropped kids at granny and am getting some work done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your date with Laura works today... (insert jealous face). I wanted to see photos of L and the man friend ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha @ manfriend! I had to ask someone in HR what I should call him on some paperwork. They recommended "partner". ;-)

    It was lovely to see you and your beautiful family again Marcia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you met the man! Someone in the office the other day filled in "significant other"" on a form....
    I think Bamabnani is falling into the kiddies trap - my food last time was less than great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be the only person who doesn't like bambanani! Being there once and aside from not liking the location I don't get the fuss, but that said I'm not really a big fan of so called kid friendly restaurants

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails