Friday, May 15, 2015

Friendship Friday - updates and such...

Gosh, I haven't done one of these for a while.


Can I just say again how utterly lovely it is to be asked instead of being the asker?

An instagram friend tagged two of us in a post and asked if we wanted to have a coffee. I was a bit taken aback because I had no idea the 3 of us all worked in the same area.

Well, we made it happen, went for lunch instead and it was just lovely.

I said this to her then but I'm saying again that it's so darn nice to be asked.


Then I wrote briefly about when I met up with Jeanette for lunch this day.


Another friend dropped something off with me one day at work and we had a fat chat in the parking lot. I love those unexpected moments during the day that energise me so.

I also had supper at a restaurant with two other friends.

Last Saturday it was the Jozimeetup where I saw a lot of old friends. Of course you can't talk properly at bigger functions but it's better than nothing.

BUT the best thing that day was something Laura said as she made my speaker introduction: Marcia is one of the most intentional people I know.

That is such a compliment to me, and I treasure your words, Laura.


Yesterday I had such a great chat with a work friend. Wow, she is such a good listener, asked just enough questions and before I knew it, a half hour had passed and we'd had true, meaningful connection.


And then today I finally (I say finally because we've been trying to get together for months) had lunch with an old work friend. We both forgot how great it is when we're together (we used to have lunch together at the other company at least once a month) and we've resolved to set this thing up as a recurring meeting.

he found me!
Last but not least, these pics were taken at yet another friend's house. Thank you again for your hospitality, Sam - we love spending time with you and your beautiful family :)

What's happening in your life with regard to friendship?

PS I'm not shy to say that my spreadsheet helps me remember and schedule friend dates. The work friend asked me about the spreadsheet and I said I know I'm going into OCD territory but I need all the help I can get!



Does anyone else have a spreadsheet?

6 comments:

  1. :) I really do mean it and it is something I admire tremendously.

    Friendships this side are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really meant a lot to me :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, I am really not even getting close to having meaningful friend dates at all. There is just too much happening right now. Also my regular lunch friend has moved to Oz at the end of last month and I already miss her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! I'm so sorry about your friend.

      Delete
  3. We loved having you guys over - we must make plans to do it again soon! I love that picture of the 3 of them drawing that you took from the stairs...

    Friendships are taking a back burner right now - life is just too crazy with the added work stress and the few playdates I have arranged we've had to cancel due to sick kids (either mine or theirs). Also and this is going to sound aweful I'm tired of being the one who always does the inviting. For once I would like to be the invited... as you say its nice to be asked instead of always being the asker and it feels like I am currently the only one doing the asking.

    Sjoe! Sorry vent over.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my sneaky pics too :)

      It doesn't sound in the least bit awful! I get it. We will definitely have you over again - we just need to get through a busy patch too! It is lovely to be asked now and again, or have someone else say, "it would be lovely to get together; come on over"

      Vent away... always!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails