Monday, January 25, 2016

When you're in a funk

(I'm trying a new thing where I blog for 15 - 30 minutes and then get off because it's too easy to get on, and blog forever while taking a break to read a blog or 15, etc.)

Anyway, I finished working through my Shining Life Workbook this weekend and it was amazing.

IMG_6533

I know this intellectually but I'm still amazed at how putting in the work actually yields results :)

I had such clarity around what I want for myself in each of the areas of my life - spiritually, financially, relationships with friends, family, work, body, creatively (!), etc.

I wrote my mottos, habits I want to cultivate and more.

A glorious, dedicated time of intention-setting.

One of the exercises was about knowing what brings you comfort (she phrased it in a different way) especially when you feel blah... and need to get out of the funk.



Here are some of the things I wrote down:
  1. going for a walk
  2. playing with my camera - I found if I just take my 50 mm lens, or I turn the f-stop down, and go walk around the garden, or play with vases/ stationery, etc. to get a focal point, I can have no end of fun and .... 300 pics later, I'm good (10 minutes)
  3. cuddles with the kids
  4. talking to D
  5. worship
  6. cleaning/ organising... but furiously 
  7. reading with a big mug of tea for just 10 - 15 minutes (obviously longer is better but the trick is to find quick things)
Tell me, what are a few things you do to take you out of a funk?
PS It's not too late to set intentions for the year - read my OQ post :)

(13 minutes to write this post)

8 comments:

  1. It's great that you know how to get yourself feeling good again. I usually lie down which is not the best thing because it gives me more time to worry and stress about whatever put me in a bad mood in the first place. It's so weird that I know exactly what I do wrong but can never seem to change it. This year I will try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what one or two things can you do differently? And try one of them next time....

      Delete
    2. Hi Marcia :)

      Things that get me out of a funk:

      1. I love taking a long, hot bubble bath.
      2. Going for a quick walk within the Estate.
      3. Pampering myself, I usually give myself awesome quick mani or pedi (the before & after of my nails been groomed and painted gives me such a high) -its weird, I know.
      4. Laying and reading my daily, spiritual book and focusing on the message of the day.
      5. Talking to Dean about what's gotten me into a funk.
      6. Organizing my handbag, cupboard or toiletries.

      xx

      Delete
  2. For me it's the following:

    1. Going for a run!
    2. Listening to loud music on my Ipod
    3. Reading!
    4. A good cup of TEA
    5. Doing something silly with my kids

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nature is my biggest healer when I'm in a funk. I go to the beach and I just sit there for hours. I may take a long walk too. That ALWAYS gets me out of a funk. I also like going for walks (and taking LOADS of pics of course) and I make a plan to eat fish. Not sure why, but fish ALWAYS puts me in a good mood. Also. I swim. Strong, long, hard laps at my favourite indoor pool. And I go for a yoga class. My "thing"at work to get me out of a funk? Worship music and emailing all my favourite friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...lately I've been chasing sunsets. I NEVER get to do sunsets because during winter I'm driving home at 5:30pm and in summer, the sun is on the other side of the mountain by the time I''m done at 8pm. Last week I did sunset at Woodbridge Island. Right now, my Boyfriend and I are off to Chapmans Peak. It's our new Friday thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for a long walk/run. Cooking and watching "nothing" on TV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my friend...I wish I had time to get into a bit of a funk. The year has barely started and I already feel so tired.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails