Thursday, March 30, 2017

Bookish things a whole month late

I was looking for my Feb post and realised.... I never posted about my books.

February was a great month for reading for many reasons:

  1. We had our first book club.
  2. I discovered Overdrive (free digital and audio books that are actually things I want to read, not the cheap stuff from Bookbub) 
  3. 11 books!

Let's talk about the books:

8 fiction; 3 non-fiction
3 Audible; 3 Physical; 5 Kindle books


  • The one that delighted me the most - Parenting without Power Struggles (but listen at 1.25 speed)
  • New-to-me author that I'll definitely read again - Clare Dowling's Just the three of us
  • Old but loved author - Carole Matthews's A cottage by the sea, and....
  • Our book club read - I let you go, a solid 4* book
My word of the year is GIVE. And yes, I've been giving but I've been receiving a lot too. God is so fun!

One friend sent me a $10 Amazon gift card :) :) (imagine the Spanish dancing girl emoji)


Have you read a new-to-you author lately?
Or an old but loved author?

I'll be back next week with my March books ;)

6 comments:

  1. Great books are the best. I've not been keeping month to month track of my reads...I should get back into that tracking habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go easy on yourself - you've got lots of stuff on your plate

      Delete
  2. That Clare DOwling book looks great! I have read many new Afrikaans authors, some of which were a really pleasant surprise. I have just started with Frederick Bakman (A man called Ove) next book and from page 1 it is great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His first one was an internet hit so I'm thinking this one will too!

      I'll bring the Clare Dowling for you next time I see you.

      Delete
  3. 11 books - you amaze me. So looking forward to the next bookclub. Haven't started the book as yet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ask me what didn't get done - virtually no blogging, no walking, very little cooking :)

      All trades I'm very happy to make!

      I haven't started the bookclub read either. I'm waiting for the weekend of the 15th!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails