Thursday, March 02, 2017

We've just about survived!

Here I sit on a Thursday night and Nanny S is due to come back on Monday.

Things I've noticed while she's been away:

she's much, much better at keeping up with the laundry than I am


D took all his shirts and two of Connor's school shirts to an ironing service on Monday because I simply don't iron. Ever.

I've been doing a load every two days - first colours, then whites, etc. I did a whites load today and there's enough for another whites load tomorrow but I'm going to just ignore it until Saturday so D can help.

our food lasts so much longer

for some reason, we have only had to buy fruit (the same fruit we usually buy every week) once every two weeks.

I go through cleaning cloths super quickly



I have a love relationship with microfibre cleaning cloths. I have a ton so I use one a day and toss in the wash because I can't stand the slightest bit of smell :)

the kids are getting away with murder with her

She's definitely picking up after them a bit too much. We don't do that at all and find ourselves telling them to pick up their stuff, wipe down/shake crumbs off placemats, put clothes in the laundry basket, etc.

Connor really loves a star chart

Every day he asks me for his list and tackles that list with singular focus. He's super motivated by a goal like I am.

Kendra is motivated by chilling :)



She couldn't care less about stars but just wants to be done so she can laze around (this is Francois blood!)

So while we're excited to have Nanny S back, it does make me think we could probably do with only 3 full days or half days!



We've planned to go eat out on Sunday to celebrate all of our hard work these two weeks :)

What are you excited about these days?

7 comments:

  1. Not a lot on my excitement radar at the momeny. I'm delighted! I could get very excited about a little bit less excitement. Feb was a rough month for me, change wise. New job, new car, ending a two year relationshit and dividing all our worldly possessions (so like moving from one side of the garage to the other and repacking everything I bloody packed in October). But you know what, the changes have been good and everyone seems better off for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feb was very rough for you. But you're going to be fine - I don't know anyone stronger!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our maid twice a week and I really struggle when she is not there. Last week she was sick and I spent the whole of Friday doing laundry etc I am so so grateful for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. Nanny S was back today and we are all thrilled!

      Delete
  4. Marcia, I read your post and I laughed and laughed to myself. I have no patience for a domestic goddess, even though I want help so badly. I am like a machine as soon as I walk in the door. Warm up dinner and get the child to eat. Eat myself and then, one load of laundry. I plan my laundry carefully. I already know in advance about colours and whites. Which days are towels, which days are bed linen. Even the weather does not affect this plan. I dry in the lounge or garage, if I need it. I never cook during the week, because it takes valuable time. We eat out the freezer.
    Always spend 15 minutes every day before bedtime picking up, and a strict fifteen minutes.
    I use the throw away cloths you get on a roll, so I can throw it away and never have to wash them.
    I thought you are spoilt with Nanny S when I compare with my life, but I fully realise that there are far more important things in life then housework and laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who doesn't iron! I can but I just don't like doing it! Anything our nanny is away the first thing she does when she is back is spring clean and loads of ironing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails