Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Wet laundry, nanny stuff and weight

I fell into the Instagram coma this morning while having my tea and watching the rain with one eye.... so I'm taking 15 minutes at work to quickly bash this out while I wait for a client to arrive.


1. It's been pouring with rain for two days now and I'm loving it. I love, love, love rain.

What I don't love is getting my laundry dry. Today when I get home I think I'll use the tumble drier for 20 minutes.

Do you have a tumble drier? I first fell in love with these amazing appliances when I was at Rhodes. I was smitten and we had one before we even had a washing machine!

A pity electricity is so expensive otherwise I'd use it more :)


2. Our nanny's sister is very sick so she's gone home to Zim for two weeks.

We are bribing the kids with a weekend treat (movies this week and restaurant for all of us next weekend) to keep them responsible. But it's actually a lot - working, cooking, cleaning, chasing kids, etc. I was pooped last night and I just collapsed with my book.

I realise that Nanny S does way too much for them simply because it's easier for her. However, it doesn't teach them independence.

3. I need to do something about my weight.

I'm not prepared to do banting or other such stuff. I have no insulin resistance - the two dieticians I consulted about this said this is really the only group of people who should bant.

So I guess that means cutting out something.... I suppose carbs at supper is the obvious one but oh my word, carbs are my love language.....

I don't want to lose a lot - 7 kg is enough - but I also don't want to have to radically alter my life :)

Tips? Tricks?

Anyone else want to share a few things on their mind?



6 comments:

  1. Lol @ carbs is your love language!
    I'm lucky mine is not that...since it's now been 4 weeks without. Today I miss chocolate. Nothing like it for PMS-ing in my opinion.

    Still dividing goods here. I suspect we've now moved and split all the things we don't care about. Teeth showing is bound to pop up in the next day or two. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ carbs is your love language!
    I'm lucky mine is not that...since it's now been 4 weeks without. Today I miss chocolate. Nothing like it for PMS-ing in my opinion.

    Still dividing goods here. I suspect we've now moved and split all the things we don't care about. Teeth showing is bound to pop up in the next day or two. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can still have carbs, just have healthy option carbs. To be honest, I am insulin resistant but to completely cut it out is just harsh...specially when you basically grew up eating it every day. It's a mindset that you have to build up over time, still building up mine, but so far so good, we only eat bad stuff on a Friday.

    The past few weeks I have been pooped, passing out at 19:15 at night, and today I realized it's work draining me out completely. Hoping to revive a bit for month end next week so I took two days off just to spend some time with hubby and our house.

    I have one of those combo washer dryers, but I've hardly ever used the dryer function, strangely enough I hang stuff up in our house on those portable drying racks and it dries overnight/day and the house smells amazing (must be all the airholes...each room has about 4 of them and I leave the top windows open they are quite high and secured with zipties ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving the weather too! We also only use the drier in this weather and only on some things like towels etc

    You know I lost about 4 kg just cutting out sugar totally? Those one or two sweets, mint after lunch type of things - and none in tea and coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also been without my maid this past week and on Friday I just did dishes and laundry it was so bad! Multiplied by the fact that my dog is on his last legs and peeing everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carbs is my love language too. Luckily the rain let up a bit a yesterday so I could our laundry. It was a lot and we Kaylan would not have had enough school clothes for this week. Yep - working, cooking, housework is a lot to do on your own. I only have a helper once a week now as my previous helper is not yet back from Zim. And its not enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails