Monday, July 14, 2014

Crikey, headaches!


Last night I had a terrible headache.

I was determined to conquer my email and I did. I only have 3 emails remaining - two testimonials to add to my site and Mandy's NYC pics :) - so I did WELL!

Go me!

And then I wanted to blog but I just couldn't.

It's like once my body knew the main thing was done, IT was done.

So I dragged myself off to bed and just got in.

I started imagining the worst (brain cancer and such) because I also happen to be reading about a woman who has cancer.

Is that just me, by the way? When you read a book like that or you've recently read a book like that, the minute strangeness happens, you start thinking the worst???

And just then, I remembered something Sam and I spoke about on Thursday.

Birth control.

YAY! I was supposed to apply my new patch on Sunday morning and that was the reason I had the headache.

Problem solved.

I slapped it on immediately, took two Panados and read a bit before I slept.

And today I'm right as rain.

In fact, better.

Because life when your body functions as God intended it to is about a MILLION times more pleasurable than any pain, especially when you realise it :)


WOOHOO - let's do this!

Do you ever suffer from headaches?

I have two friends who have BAD monthly migraines. The ones where you take to your bed and lie in a dark room without any noise whatsoever. I can't imagine!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are better. I used to suffer from debilitating headaches- the kind you spoke about your friends have. Fever and vomiting etc but thank God that is now a thing of the past. I still get them but not as bad

    Oh yes!!! When I was pregnant I used to read a site with people who were also pregnant and due around the same time. I had to stop reading because it seemed I got every symptom anyone and everyone spoke about. I was so sure I would go into labour at 34 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what changed with your headaches?

      Forums are really bad for pregnancy. I stopped reading when I was 8 weeks pregnant.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are better. I get about a megraine a year and then its really bad - vomiting and all. The rest are mostly sinus headaches which can be quite bad in their own way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, the vomiting sounds terrible!!!

      You're right - sinus headaches are no picnic either. I don't get actual headaches but when the temp is too extreme from one area to another (cold outside to HOT shopping centre - cl.icks), I get that pressure which is so uncomfortable I just want to get out in the cold again!

      Delete
  3. I'm not all that prone to headaches, but a week or so ago I got a really bad one that kept me in bed all day. i could hardly see out of my eyes it hurt so bad. Lots of kick ass pain killers and some well deserved rest and I was right as rain again the next day. I am very thankful that it's not an every day thing for me...I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the picture in this post.
    I usually get headaches for 3 reasons:
    1. Dehydration
    2.Fatigue
    3.Because I'm getting sick.

    I usually rule out the first two by hydrating and taking proper painkillers (proper = NOT Panado - am all about the Mybulens and the Nurofens etc). IF it's still there then it means that I'm getting sick. Then I take decent flu meds and go to bed.
    I am soooo glad that I am not prone to headaches. They are AWFUL! The very worst thing for me is to have a headache when I am not at home to medicate and sleep.
    Glad you're better and ready for action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I was trying to choose only ONE photo and this one spoke to me!

      In summer I get the heat headaches but usually not in winter, and yes, then I drink two big glasses of water first. But anything stronger than Panado knocks me out good and proper.

      Delete
  5. I am prone to headaches. They have gotten a lot better but they are still there. I usually try to sleep it off because meds just don't help.

    I was reading a book when I was pregnant about a women who had hot sweats at night - turns out it was also some type of cancer - I was having hot sweats so was convinced it was the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) stay away from those books!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:03 pm

    I used to get really bad headaches but since losing weight and balancing my hormones they have gone away thank goodness!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails