Monday, July 21, 2014

{Messy Monday} Washi tape teacher's gift

K's teacher from last year resigned ....and we love her so we wanted to make her a little gift.



With the kids (actually, and for me) I like creative boundaries.

I often bring a colouring book with just pencil crayons (colouring pencils) or just markers or just crayons, so they have to get a bit creative instead of having every artsy thing under the sun available.

Anyway, for these sorts of things I let them choose 3 colours. So these are the ones she chose and then I guided her so she did some diagonally and some straight.



All you need are:
  • mini notecards
  • mini envelopes
  • washi tape
  • scissors
We decorated both the cards and the envelopes.




Done.

Easy-peasy

And best, some time for Kendra and me to play with some crafty stuff.

When was the last time you got creative?

8 comments:

  1. Cute Marcia. Not in a long long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't done anything for months either but I was very intentional in July!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty!
    N has to wear a silly/crazy hat on Friday...so I let her loose on some stickers, paint and cardboard today to do up a hat I've been dying to get rid of anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing creative aside from designing K'a new born photo book on shutterfly which was a breeze and is now making me consider doing more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:44 pm

    Cute! I am as creative as a rusty nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:40 pm

    Sadly not recently enough. Last "creative" thing I did was Kade's easter hat for school. Need to tap into my creative side again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are VERY cute. I am actually out of washi. Can you believe it? Am trying to NOT spend money on craft materials unless I REALLY need to. Busy getting rid of lots of things too. These days I am all about the square. I knitted a few for a knit-a-thon for Mandela Day and handed them in. And then I just carried on. I figured that I no longer need to get rid of the yarn that I have no plans for. I can just knit squares. In this way I get to use up all the bits of yarn, I get to try out and practice new techniques and stitches AND the squares pile up ready to be donated for the next charity that needs them. Win-WIN. Am also attempting to crochet granny squares – I need A LOT more practice with that though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails