Wednesday, January 10, 2007

ungrateful pregnant people - UPDATED

I work with someone who is currently 5 months pregnant.

She moans continually. And I mean continually. Every single word out of her mouth the whole day is complaining about various things about the pregnancy. I've taken to putting my music on the minute she walks in. I don't think I can take it anymore!

It wouldn't be so bad if she was a normal fertile person, but she battled for 4 years to fall pregnant, had a miscarriage in 2005 and then got it right last year. You'd think she'd be grateful, right? Wrong!

Sadly, her sensitivity is severely lacking.

And worse? She knows that I am battling to conceive. She used to keep coming to tell me every little thing about the pregnancy before but thank goodness, she's now reading my body language and staying away. One of my things to do this year was to have a talk with her if she didn't stop.

now, I might have to have the talk about her complaining.

Updated
Well, I had the talk with her on Friday afternoon. I can't remember exactly what I said but it was something along the lines of, "you know, you should be grateful that you're pregnant at all". God's given you a huge gift.

She paused a bit and then said, "you're right. I actually am very grateful".

And that was that, people. I have heard no complaining for 2 whole days! Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:42 pm

    Good for you! Glad you had the courage to speak up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    and thanks for visiting. Over to your site now to say hello.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails