Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Beta #3 - 19dp3dt

This morning I felt very anxious before the blood test.

During the last IVF cycle, this day (19dp3dt) was the furthest along I'd been in days (with that pathetic beta of 23) although not in HCG levels!

So I was snappy and irritable. I do remember apologising to my husband.

We had the blood test as normal (oh, my previous beta number is 3900) and then went to have our car inspection (our new insurer requires this) and straight afterwards, we went to look at a car my DH wanted to see. I said I'll stay in our car because of the phone call.

I didn't want to miss speaking to the nurse again and not know the actual number! I hoped the assistants doing the medical coding wouldn't mess up my results.

Sure enough, about 15 seconds later, the call comes in on my cell phone. My number is 7318!!!!!


Everything's fine, blah blah blah, continue all medication (folic acid, estropause, cyclogest and ecotrin (baby aspirin) and come in for the scan on Wed 14th January. That is the 7-week scan, I think!

Intellectually I'm happy, excited, etc. but deep down I feel that I can't let myself get too excited because what if something goes wrong?

Also, no real symptoms. Then again I don't know what I'm looking for.

I would love not to have morning sickness - so far nothing. I seem to want to eat all the time (not unusual since I do have a healthy appetite). Not a lot but even just a piece of fruit feels good. And I'm loving protein (I'm a carbs girl usually).

My boobs are sore and bigger which is very good and I'm tired a lot. That could be because I worked up until 24th and am now on leave so my body's finally relaxing....

I am peeing all the time. Of course I've been told by the clinic to drink 2.5 - 3L of water daily so it could be that. I usually drink 2L anyway but I need the loo every 40 minutes it seems.

Actually now that I wrote it out, it seems I do have symptoms! And, of course, the numbers are talking loud and clear :)

5 comments:

  1. Your numbers are beyond excellent so try not to worry too much about the symptoms. That's what I finally realized. I still don't feel that pregnant although I have a few things that I know are pregnancy related, but as long as my temperature stays up and my beta #'s are high and I'm not experiencing any cramping then I have to assume that everything is going just fine in there.

    Lots of people don't feel sick for quite awhile. I'm now 6 weeks, 3 days and haven't been nauseous at all. My mom was the same way. Consider yourself blessed and treasure this time that you still feel good (in case the harder times start to come). And, when you do feel anxious, take it to God in prayer. My husband and I lay hands on my belly every night and ask God for health and safety for our baby. Knowing that God is in control gives me a peace in the midst of the unknown.

    I can only tell you all of this because it's what I'm going through every single day. I wish you the best! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom also wasn't nauseous much. Just certain smells would upset her, but that also happened after a few weeks along in the pregnancy. Trust more, that your numbers are excellent, that everything is going well. And keep taking good care of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA!!! Are you carrying quads? :) Just kidding!

    I am right there with you. I just had my 4th beta and my ultrasound is next Tuesday. Not too much in the morning sickness category yet, but the other symptoms are there.

    It's a very exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh, thank you for your support. I really appreciate it. :)
    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:18 pm

    A HUGE congrats!!! Wow what a special Christmas present! So glad to have found your blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails