Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6 weeks - part 1 - about pregnancy and the babies

I almost can't believe it's been 6 weeks since the babies were born.

Guess who this is?
Kendra, of course - the only pic I could get of her and such a familiar sight :)

And this is Connor

things I'm still missing about being pregnant

  • my glowing skin :) seriously, I've had to moisturise like crazy to even get my skin to look half-normal

  • my thick hair - I went to the hairdresser to have the grey coloured and it didn't take!!! So I'll try again in a week or two. Apparently my hormones are still going haywire.............

  • The Bump. I still have 2kg to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Started wearing non-preggy jeans a few days ago. Stretch jeans, but still, it didn't look too hideous.

  • eating on demand - I am back to my bad habits of eating breakfast at lunch time and eating rubbish like chocolates and chips (crisps). I think I had an orange two days ago for the first time since I had the babies, and before they were born, I was having two a day plus an assortment of other fruits.

  • email chats with my pregnant friends!!! Yes, you, you and you :)

things I don't miss

  • getting up in the night to pee

  • pubic bone pain when I'd roll around from side to side in bed

  • pressure under the bump when walking

  • people looking at me in horror when I'd say "still 6 weeks to go" or whatever

and now the babies...

  • The first nappy (diaper) I ever changed in my life was Kendra's and then Connor's. Since then, I feel like I've changed millions. On the bright side, I am now a pro. I think nothing of grabbing the baby and lifting its bum to sniff if there's a poo.
  • Connor has tried his best to aim his pee at me but I'm too fast for him :) He nearly got me today but my super fast reflexes beat him to it. That's a joke - I have the worst reflexes ever but it got better in pregnancy as I'd catch things to prevent myself having to actually bend over and pick them up. Maybe that stayed?
  • Another thing I am a pro at is the bottle thing. I (kind of) joked with D and said my life consists of bottles, babygrows and babies (maybe I should start a new blog?). I wash, sterilise and make 16 bottles a day, sometimes more, because when Kendra cries, I give her a bottle whether it's her time to feed or not. We checked with the paediatrician to see if you can overfeed a baby and she said no, the baby will vomit what she doesn't want/ need. I've discovered I'm a bit of a control freak (no!) about the bottles - I think it's because I studied microbiology so I'm super-fussy about germs. Well...that's my excuse.

More on the laundry, emotions, sleep, etc. in a day or two.......... tell me in the comments if there's anything specific you want to know about and I'll include it in my next post.

4 comments:

  1. love your updates. :)
    and the pictures... they look adorable.
    At first I was surprised to see the babies in such heavy clothes, forgetting of course that it's not Summer in SA... I love Kendra's outfit by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous babies! I love the pink and brown outfit! I can't wait to dress my little girl up! Only a week to go! Yikes!

    Glad you are doing well. I have no idea what to expect!! Looks like you are figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful! Your children are beautiful! My hubby & I too had our own infertility journey. It took us 5 years to conceive our daughter. I have PCOS. A lot of that time was spent with him leery to take the plunge into fatherhood again, then not really getting it that I had something wrong with me but when he got it and jumped on board PRAISE GOD I was pg after my first round (lowest does) of Clomid. Now we have a beautiful 22 month old daughter! I too miss pregnancy! I want to go through that 1 more time. I had an amazing L&D, want to do it again and want another shot at breast feeding and want a sibling for our daughter. I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:41 am

    The babies are getting nice & chubby, as babies should be! They are too cute, can't wait to meet them. Love Caren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails