Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Kendra's homecoming pics

Last week we knew Kendra was about ready to come home because they'd moved her to a bassinet (which means she was regulating her temperature) and she was feeding from the bottle on almost all the feeds.

She still had the feeding tube though.

So when the feeding tube came out she would have needed to finish her complete feeds from the bottle for an entire day.

I got a call from the paed on Friday telling me her haemoglobin levels were a bit low and they wanted to do a blood transfusion if that was okay with us (of course it's okay). They went ahead and everything was well so she was "nice and pink" again on Saturday.

Then came the snotty nose.

She'd needed to be suctioned (gross!) before each feed because her nostrils were so blocked and we had atrocious weather in Jhb on the weekend so they wanted to keep her in until her nose was better.

That happened to be Monday and is when she was finally discharged.

we'd just arrived home



displaying some awesome lung capacity - my word, this girl can SCREAM!

Connor and I just behold the vision of the screaming baby in wonder because Connor is SOOO chilled. I'm not a screamer either but I don't keep quiet if I'm unhappy.
Maybe this is the baby version of being assertive?!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:38 pm

    She's beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you have a strong little girl, huh?
    she's so cute!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see her home and not all connected to tubes in the NICU. I think she looks so much like you! And I'm positive that the screaming is her baby way of expressing her assertiveness just like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wireless babies!! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally need to catch up- congrats! i'm so glad she's home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! So glad you have both your babies home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous news - your family is now reunited. Congratulations hon, you enjoy every moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:21 pm

    So glad Kendra is doing well and is home. She looks too cute in these pics! What a sweetie. Love Caren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails