Thursday, January 21, 2010

He needs all that?!


Connor's first tooth appeared a day before 6 months.

Well on Saturday night the boy was crazy. Usually he wakes screaming for food (I'm convinced he's still hungry despite his size and the fact that he eats well during the day), we pop the bottle in, he devours it and is out like a light.

Not this time.

First he wouldn't eat properly - it reminded me of when he's over-tired and I first have to calm him down before he will take his bottle.

Then all through bottle and afterwards, occasional screaming.

We probably are spoiled with Connor because he has had absolutely NO eating problems so we don't really know how to handle any fussiness with food.

Nevertheless he ate a bit and eventually off to bed. That was around 4:30.

At about 8:30 I hear the same blood-curdling screams carry on and on yet I know D's on duty so I try to ignore them and stay put in bed.

Eventually (he screams like he's being killed LOL) I jump up and rush to their bedroom. D can't calm him down (yes, I am the best but this is not really something you actually want to be good at when you need to SLEEP) so I grab him and do my tricks again.

He's calm and drinks his bottle.

Afterwards when the screaming started again I grabbed the Teegel and when I rubbed it on his gums, I felt it...

ANOTHER little tooth.

Poor little sausage - that's what all the fuss was about.

And that was the extent of the drama on Sunday because he was happy as a clam afterwards - no more fussiness.

At night he's been drinking about 200 ml (about 7 oz) max - sometimes when he's woken only once (oh, haven't given sleep updates for awhile), he has about 125 - 150 ml and goes back to sleep.

Sunday night however he woke up THREE times (we haven't had that since this day) and polished off around 400 ml total.

I could not believe it.

Surely he didn't expend so much energy pushing out his second little tooth that he needed all that extra milk?!

The next night he only woke up once (I don't count anything within 15 minutes of his actual wake-up time) so looks like he re-set himself.

It's sooo cute to see his teeth when he smiles - I can literally see them growing daily.

P.S. Still no teeth for Kendra as she's been working on something else - being cute and rolling up a storm. Has done tummy to back for months now but recently learned back to front and I think she's figured out she can use it to get to things because I find her chasing her rattles if they fall out of her reach.

P.P.S. I can't believe my BABY has TEETH. This pic was taken on Friday 15th. If you look closely you can see tooth number 1.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! And I agree with the comment you left on my blog about babies work on one thing at a time. I do think that Liam will catch up on this rolling and moving thing as soon as his teeth stop bothering him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Baby milestones! Our kids are getting bigger everyday!

    I haven't experienced teeth yet, but I think it's coming REALLY soon. Josiah has been drooling up a storm for the past 3 months, now that's coupled with chewing on everything and the slightest fever. He also has been rolling from tummy to back quite a bit, but just rolled over from back to tummy for the first official time last Sunday. Now I think he's going to be all over the place.

    I was thinking, it may not be that Connor needs that much milk, but that chewing/sucking on something is soothing for him. I think Josiah is the same way. I'm SURE that sometimes he's not really hungry, but nothing else will get him to calm down the way a bottle will. Teething rings, pacifiers, or maybe a wet washcloth could all help instead of a bottle, but if he's like Josiah, there are times that a bottle will be all he will take. Just a thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah....I'm right there with you on the boy/girl twins! Mine will be 3 at the end of March and let me tell you.....TALK ABOUT "THEM" WINNING! It's amazing, heartbreaking, frustrating, beautiful, funny, maddening, and uplifting all in the same 8 hour period! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go the babies!!!! :)

    Glad the bibs arrived - finally - talk about slooooooooooooooooooooooow - at least they finally got there ;)

    Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, how adorable!! Neither of my little guys have gotten a tooth yet. I hope all is well with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails