Friday, January 29, 2010

Elton John


There are some people on my life list that I have to see in concert.

One of those was Rod Stewart. We all know how wonderful that concert was.

The other two are Elton John and Billy Joel. I was too slow a couple of years ago when Billy Joel graced our shores as tickets sold out very quickly.

So imagine my excitement when I hear on the radio that Elton's coming to Joburg in March.

I rushed out to get a Greatest Hits compilation (does anyone else do this? I just feel it adds to the enjoyment when you can sing along with EVERY song. I also grabbed a Billy Joel one - I figure if I'm ready, he might just decide that he HAS to tour South Africa :)) and when I had a moment, I logged onto Computicket only to find...

The tickets cost R500 each (I think Rod Stewart was in the region of R300) which is not a big deal (I always manage to justify large expenses - but it's on my LIFE LIST!) but seating is unreserved.

Do you know what that means?

We'll have to be there for an insane amount of time to get a halfway decent seat. There are crazy people in Joburg who queue for 8 hours before concerts start.

I've never been crazy like that because I like to buy reserved seating (a chair that is all my own - as I write this I realise I'm OLD) so I can pitch up about 30 minutes before the show starts. That's much more respectable.

Now I'm torn - I obviously don't have the luxury of hours of hanging around waiting for anything and I'm not about to pay a babysitter to watch K & C for a gazillion hours.

Should I just pay and go whenever and just be happy with whatever seating? Or skip it?

I just don't know.

What would you do?

P.S. Who do you still have to see in concert?

P.P.S. Funny story - absolutely NOTHING to do with Elton John or concerts. Yesterday I was in a meeting and we're doing something with a retailer (have to be vague due to nature of work...) so they were saying how they put bins of things that don't sell at the ends of the aisles with big SALE signs and then they are able to move the stuff. In fact, it's the exact same price it's always been. All the men were like "wow!" and were horrified and I was "really now, I've known that for years." And this is why men pay a fortune for things we women know should cost a lot less!

4 comments:

  1. Sweets, Elton is by FAR the best live act I've ever seen...and I've seen a few ;) Spend the dosh - it'll be a fantastic memory :)

    oh and I still haven't seen U2 live. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed the billy/elton joint tour 3 times! I would soooo go. Of course I'm very fortunate to have lots of family near by that adore the girls. I should really take advantage of their generosity more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Billy Joel and Elton John together a few years ago. I was so excited to see EJ, so I was a little surprised to find that I actually thought Billy Joel put on a little better show! Together, they were just amazing. That's definitely the top of my concert list. I have never seen Garth Brooks, so I would really like to see his Las Vegas show.

    P.S.-The lack of reserved seating would kind of freak me out too. I am easily overwhelmed by "first come, first serve" situations. BUT, it could be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say Hey!

    Found your blog through http://newsmallperson.blogspot.com/ (Saffy).

    Looking forward to reading more about your adventures with twins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails