Monday, August 09, 2010

1 down, 35 to go

The coolest thing happened on my birthday (Friday).

I posted my list of 36 (which I've just added as a page to my blog) and that afternoon, the friend I mentioned in number 10 contacted me.

She asked if we'd be around since she was going to be in the area and would love to see me.

Of course I said yes.

We had a LOVELY visit this afternoon; chatting, laughing, sharing openly and honestly about everything and it was so nourishing to my soul.

She even had a little cry at something I did for her. She's stepping out to do something she's always wanted to do and I wrote her a letter telling her how proud I am of her, etc.

The last time we saw each other in person we sat in a booth at Mugg and Bean (Rosebank) and I was the one crying after my first failed IVF.

When they left, we had the mad rush that is the bathtime and bed conveyor belt but once the babies were in bed, I said to D, "WHY do we always leave things so long?"

I think she and I are both at the stage where we truly value each other's friendship, warts and all, and we resolved to not leave things for years next time.

Speaking of friends, another very good friend of ours (well, actually D's) phoned me from London and sang Happy Birthday to me on my voicemail. I sent him a text to say thank you but last night, we spontaneously decided to call him.

It was fantastic, as it always is. I love hearing the two of them talk "boy nonsense" and I was also laughing like crazy, so much so that I had to close the door in case the babies woke.

How was your Women's Day/ Monday?

P.S. Today is Women's Day in South Africa.
P.P.S. Tomorrow I have a lunch date with another friend. On Wed I have yet another lunch date, this time with Natalie. Can't wait for either of those :)

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic, Marcia! A good friend is oh-so-good for the soul. :) And how good it must feel to be making progress on that list already, huh?

    I'm hoping to meet up with one of my best friends from college soon. She only lives about four hours away, but with our girls plus her new baby, we haven't seen each other for any appreciable length of time in over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only very good friends can ring and do the singing telegram :) And nothing like crazy laughter to revive the soul!

    Bless good, old friends who are low maintenance but you're there for one another and can pick up where you left off. I cherish my special friends in that camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great one. We two must make plans to meet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails