Monday, August 06, 2012

38 random acts of kindness


It's here - the big 38.

I must say, I feel about half that age although with a full 38 years of wisdom (ha!) and experience.

I did 29 gifts last year after being inspired by Dee (if you're still reading, HI!!!) and loved it so much I decided to make it a bit more regular.

So I've been doing at least 4, most months more, random acts of kindness every month over the last year and it has been fabulous.

Fabulous!

It's made me pay attention very well when people talk (or blog) to see if there's something I can do to bless them (eg our PA told me her word of the year was Hope and I was out shopping and saw a hope mug so bought it for her. Well, she was so touched. I love it!) and it honestly takes your mind off your troubles when your thought every week is, "hmmm, how can I show kindness to someone this week?"

Not that it always works so if I've not been kind to you (or you) in some way, I do apologise. But I have tried, and tried hard.

This year I want to do things a little bit differently but I'll write some more tonight when I post my 38 things list.

So let's get to it.

Please post in the comments and link yourself up, or if you write a post, then link up that post.

Let the games begin.


Thank you for helping me spread some kindness in the world for two weeks. It's not too late to do something nice for someone.

11 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Long, good health, joy, God's blessings and abundance.

    Hope you have a fabulous day

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still reading :) Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday indeed!!!

    My act of kindness this week will be not killing anybody. That doesn't really count, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It SOOO does count, Claudia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I missed something - is this the link up to do a random act of kindness for your birthday?

    I SO want to join in but I somehow find my life gets in the way :-/ Really weak excuse I know! So I am going to plan some RAOK now before I commit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how intentional you are with this, Marcia. It's truly inspiring.

    I have a few things to note...I'll email you. :)

    And...again...Happy Birthday!!! I cannot wait to see what this coming year holds for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again, happy happy Bday. You can count an act in here - but I will blog it. One of the Princess' friends mom told me she had a problem with Friday being a school holiday and she working, her MIL will take all 3 kids but has said that it will be tough. So I on the blink offered that the friend can come to us for the day, making it easier for them. Have not had her confimr but if it does not work out I will do something else. I actually do once a week in any event

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sjoe. I am having a not-so-nice time in my life and this feels so hard! BUT I will try. And I will post. Let me have a think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeek! I've been stuck indoors for three days straight now with classes that started on Saturday. I can't believe I'm here at Villanova doing this EMBA. The work is not hard, but it is time consuming. I did offer to talk to some of the spouses that are really concerned about their partner being in this program and how much time it will take away from them and family. I've been on the side of being the spouse of the person in the program. Hopefully, I'll have an opportunity to make some folks feel better when they come to the Family Night dinner on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't think about it at the time, but here is one for your list: When we were at an amusement park on Monday with our church youth group, we randomly wound up with one extra ticket. We contemplated selling it to someone coming in at a reduced price, but I ended up just picking out a lady with two children and giving it to her. It felt so good to just pass that on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails