Thursday, August 09, 2012

Twins 5 - D&M 1

don't let these sweet baby faces fool you
       
Well, today the babies kicked our butts.

I think they can smell when you're not yourself... And they zero in.

Despite us explaining very nicely that we are both not well and to please be good, they did just the opposite.

I think the star charts showed very graphically what went down.

They've had a really good run of 4s and 5s (out of 5). Today they got 1 star (K) and 2 stars (C) and that was me being a nice mother and not witholding the sleeping star because nap time was about the best thing about today. And it wasn't easy getting them down.



I saw on Facebook that Pufferfish also had tons of drama with the boys and put the sides of the cribs back up.

And a lightbulb went off above my head because were so many potty accidents that at about 11:45 I was DONE!

And so I put a nappy back on one of the babies.

One less thing to worry about in my 40% version of myself today.

But enough about the madness here at our place.

How was your Thursday?

YAY - Friendship Friday tomorrow. I'm writing about the NYC meet-ups :)

PS The lovely caps are from Aunty Funso.

5 comments:

  1. I think you're right...the sense when you feel crap and then they pull out all the stops on bad behaviour!

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, why oh why do they do it! I do hope you have a much much better day today and that you are a lot better too.

    We had a lovely Thursday but as we swopped the days out with Lucy today and tomorrow I will be alone with the kids so I guess by tomorrow night I am going to be shattered. Taking so time for myself on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Marcia, but yes the sweet baby faces are too cool and quite deceptive :)

    Hope you and D are feeling better?

    Thursday was just another day for me, nothing different...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how could those sweet, precious faces be part of any wrongdoing?? : ) Sorry it was a rough one. There are many days when naptime is absolutely the highlight of the day.

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know EXACTLY what you mean. Lance and I have been under the weather and have been trying to recover ALL WEEKEND while our kids WRECK OUR HOUSE and refuse to SHUT UP and STOP with the FIGHTING and WHINING ALREADY!
    Eventually we locked our bedroom door so they could LEAVE US ALONE TO SLEEP! Eish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails