Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bad things happen in 3s?

Remember the time Connor's leg got stuck in the revolving door at church?

And the time he ran out into the road and I had a mini-breakdown?

Well, the third thing happened on Wed and I was far too traumatised to talk about it til now.



My friend came to do some sewing at my place on her sewing machine (!).

She arrived at the same time I did and you had to see the look on Connor's face when her saw her. He is SMITTEN with her. They both are but he LOVES her :)

Anyway, afterwards, we said our goodbyes and went into the driveway to open up for them.

I told the kids to stay back and opened the gate about a metre. Out my friend and her daughter went and I closed the gate.

And that's when it happened.

Quick as a flash Connor darted out while the gate was closing.

It was terrible.

I rushed to the gate, screamed and tried to pull it open or at least stop it from closing on his head with my bare hands.

With the other hand I then pushed his headbackwards into the driveway.

I'm surprised my hand wasn't broken or anything (thank you God) but it had a thick red line from the gate for a full 24 hours.

As did the side of Connor's head.

Of course, he was SOBBING and I was very tempted to do the same.


Instead I got a big bag of chips and comfort ate.

He was okay except for the scrape on his cheek and temple.

We had to have another talk with him... and of course the minute D arrives they tell their father, "the gate went on Connor's head"

D was SUPER freaked out and I had to calm him down because he was scaring the kids.

But that's it, right?

3 incidents and it's all done :)

Our angels are working overtime with this boy.

How do you react/ respond when things like this happen? Or don't they happen to you?

(mind you, it's always the boy...)

9 comments:

  1. Sjoe. I would have been shaking like a leaf!
    I'm usually very calm while it is happening and then I freak out afterwards. Lance is exactly like Dion. Freaks out (in front of the kids) and makes it soooo much worse.
    Thank goodness you are both OK. Scary stuff! Things could have turned out very differently.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God he's fine and you are ok. Quite scary but I hope he's got the message (as much as a 3 year old can)

    Lots of hugs & love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super MoM to the rescue!
    I should send you a cape!!

    I would have geeked out. But I have to admit, I would have swallowed my fear once all was well and laid into. I would have lost my temper and went on and on about how he should know better and yadda yadda. I'm the mean mom who is reprimanding while I put one bandaids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - super scary - so glad you were able to stop any major injuries..... hugs and thankful prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Well, I think the closest we've come to this is Nicola rolling off the bed when she was a baby...straight onto her head! I was crying long after she had stopped. She loves climbing though, so I bet we'll have a broken arm or something at some point. I caught her balancing on the backrest of the rocking chair on Friday, trying to break into my filing cabinet where I keep the craft supplies she loves. Ice cold scare that one...

    These things are too far apart to be a streak Marcia. You did great in the crisis. Kids will be kids, sometimes the hard way is the only way to learn?

    I wonder how long he's been planning that mad dash... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness me your guardian angels were seriously looking over your house that day!!
    Really glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that this traumatic thing happened to you and Connor. I thank God that the both of you are okay. Sjoe! That is a big thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I totally freak out and yes, boys are worse than girls in general.
    Please get a sensor on that gate or move it lower if you have one too high - it will also make it much less stresful to get out with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marcia!!! Moments like this are horrible!!! I general shout lots! With Jack I tend to *sigh* a lot though!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails