Friday, June 14, 2013

Did I mention I had a hair cut?


I had my hair cut (a whole 5 cm) on 17 May - that's four weeks ago.

I had big plans to go get my Brazilian two weeks after that.... well, it's not even booked yet!

This is my life for now.

So now I need to colour my hair again and then get the Brazilian two weeks later. Oy - it's a whole story and a half.

****************

I just realised I have only three weeks before the kids' birthday and a ton of things to do. I'm going to make a ginormous to-do list and start doing.

I also decided that this year, unlike other years, I'm not chasing up on anybody who hasn't RSVPd... as much as it kills me :)

I must say that a LOT of yes RSVPs have already come in.

*********************


Guess what?

A job is available at work that is 90% perfect for me. It's on the right level, in an area I've wanted to go back to (I was in this kind of area at previous company). I intend to apply first thing on Tues morning (Monday is a public holiday in SA).

I'm trying not to get too excited yet.

But I have prayed and just the fact that a job is up is a miracle in itself since there's a headcount freeze in most of the group at the moment.

Pray with me for God to speak loud and clear if this is for me!

**********************

I've been avoiding my work issues by shopping.

Bought R960 worth of clothes at Woolworths on Monday but when I realised what I was doing, I took most of it back yesterday (R670 refund).

I kept woollen stockings for Kendra and 4 snoods for me (circles of wool I'm wearing around my neck).

Have you done any impulse shopping recently?

****************

And since it's Friendship Friday, I want to tell you about two friends who really blessed me this week:

email from a friend on Monday morning to check on me since it was a new week in that terrible work environment
another friend went to do a party errand for me and I can't tell you how much that means (I did tell her... about 3 times :))

Tell me about anything that blessed you out of your socks this week.



What do you have planned for the long weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:03 am

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get this new job! And quickly too.

    It looks like I'm job hunting now too. Can't blog about it right now but Steamcleaner is resigning at the end of the month. The good old boys club have successfully bullied her out. Probably they'll stick anothee red bank person in there (the only people they currently bring in) or they'll stick targets on all of us next.

    I'd rather start working on a back up plan before I really need one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never followed up for Jacks party - a lot of people did let me know but a few waited until this week so it means I have a few party packs extra - I am glad now that I didn't do sweets - extra sweets in the house are too much of a temptation for me :))

    Today is Jack's party, tomorrow we chill for Fathers Day and Monday we chill some more. In between Kiara and I will go and watch a movie (the boys went last weekend)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Impulse shop...I don't shop unless I have to. So glad things are looking up at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope this job is the answer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the new job lead. You'll be in my prayers that this will work out and that it is everything you are looking for and more! This week I was happy that Tom liked what I got him for Father's Day. I bought him a bluetooth headset that is the upgrade of mine. It's illegal to talk on cell phones while driving unless it's on speaker or a headset. He's so hard to shop for and I didn't want to buy him another bottle of scotch. That's what I do when I can't come up with anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! And I can't wait to see your hair!!! It looks really nice in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the job !

    Blessings - wow, good report cards from the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails