Wednesday, October 02, 2013

20 year anniversary

A little bit of background...

This lovely friend of mine joined the company in Feb and I joined in April a whole 8 years ago.

She'd been caretaking the job I was employed to do in addition to her other work, so she trained me a little bit in the beginning. And then about 5 years later, joined our team. (When people stay, they S T A Y!)

She's an INTP. We only have the T in common so we used to have the best debates and discussions in my old team *sigh*. I still have regular email and coffee chats with her to keep me sane. She's the one I emailed when I was crying in the loo and forgetting I was in the CBD office's toilets, went to look for me :)

Interestingly, she was also the last in-home organising client I took on. That's when I met her husband. They celebrate their anniversary on my birthday :) and it's her house we rented in Plett.

So lovely and intertwined but there it is! 

They've been married 20 years this year with 17, 14 and 11-year-old boys. She said she wanted to have a thanksgiving celebration (which morphed into a vow renewal too) because even though marriage has its ups and downs and sometimes we're all just going through the motions, they actually happen to be in a really great space at this time :)

Isn't that nice?

Onto the pics!


K
K & T
I used to partake of these lemons regularly :)







I love this pic of the oldest son!
shoes!




Which is your favourite pic?


Our 20th anniversary is in 2015 (18 months to go!) and years ago I had this bright idea of doing a marriage renewal on the beach, all romantic and soppy, with a reception for friends and family since we had a TINY wedding.... but I'm rapidly moving towards "eloping" and going travelling instead :)

If I'm still at current company as is my heart's desire, it will be 10 years in 2015 and we get 20 extra leave days as a long service award. I can't even imagine 40 working days leave in one year. Actually, I can. Two months off sounds amazing :)

Do you have plans for your 20th anniversary?

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a vow renewal! We eloped, so maybe if we ever had one, we could have the whole reception thing so we could celebrate with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - we need to make it to the 1st one first :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:28 am

    This is very special. We had initially said we would save to go on a trip to St Andrews (golfing tour) for our 10th wedding anniversary. But now we've just bought a new house and are renovating and will have a 4 month old baby in our house so that plan has been put back to our 20th Anniversary ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the pic of you and D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So special! We're still working towards 10 years of marriage over here! But I like to celebrate anything and everything so would definitely plan something special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will be celebrating our 35 wedding anniversary next year. Gosh, I am getting old ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kanyi's gorgeous. No idea what we'll do for our 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you showed case this married couple. Me and my coach (trainer) talked about it in Aug. How so few people these days hold on to their marriages :( So 20 years are a great victory and celebration. I have 9 more year to go until that milestone :)
    I love the one of D.
    P.S - did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails