Tuesday, October 01, 2013

October is here... and a family goal reached

It's getting old to keep saying how fast time is passing us by, but it really is.

That's why I feel like it's so crucial for me to be as intentional about my life as I can be. Otherwise we blink and it's October, blink again and the year is over :)

Laura once said on her blog how I'm one of the most intentional people she knows - well, Laura, that was the biggest compliment ever!



Before we get onto my October goals, how did I do for September?

Amazingly well, thanks for asking.

I got 90% done.

The things where I fall down are getting to the gym and to Weigh-less. We've started a new tradition around here - the WHOLE family is now doing Saturday morning gym.

While it's something I've dreamed of for a long time, it's actually quite a schlep getting all 4 of us up, fed (the two littles) and dressed on a Saturday morning.



Connor and I are the fastest two in the house so when it was just us, we'd be up and out quickly, get to WL, Connor would get a sticker from Maureen and then we'd go to gym.

That's why I've missed WL twice - I told myself it's more important to establish this habit but then I was getting fatter, so the past two weeks I prioritised WL again.

Oy!

We will succeed!

The other thing is I didn't even LOOK at Elevate the Ordinary BUT I did 12 Santa Shoeboxes and they weren't even on my list. If I were one of my clients, I'd add 2 points for that but since it's me, I'm hard on myself :)


So, October...I'm not putting everything, just a few interesting ones :)




  1. TRUST God and keep praying not only for the job I want to have, but to survive this experience with my sanity intact  
  2. Have at least 4 exploratory conversations 
  3.  Drop off Santa Shoeboxes 
  4.  Go to work on a Saturday for jacaranda kid photos 
  5.  Play with Elevate the Ordinary 3 lessons 
  6. Lunch with K & B 
  7. Ks birthday party 
  8. Supper here for J & P 
  9.  Lunch with Laura
  10. Book a holiday! 

I ask this every month but what's on your list for October?
Top 3 only :)

7 comments:

  1. I am not sure whats on the list yet! Our trip to CT knocked me a bit but Jack is at his granny today so I am playing catch up! Biggest thing off the top of my head is to start to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get two of my rose beds completely sorted and replanted - that in itself is a task and a half.
    Sort out curtains and blind for our bedroom and bathroom
    Get dean's 50th sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to say it, but Christmas shopping for the family *sigh*
    Nicola's school concerts
    Maybe a few interviews - maybe just one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that phrase "intentional about my life." I has really resounded with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to take the kids to the pick your own farm for apples and pumpkins (and photos, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow on getting through your goals . Wel lwe are now off horseriding and have to be there at 8 on Saturday mornings Very early but bright. Those little family traditions is what life is about

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh. You made me think. I have to get some sort of planning going in my life. When I read this I know just how much I fall short.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails