Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Happy anniversary to us



  • 20 years
  • 4 homes, 3 of our own
  • 5 cars
  • 9 countries visited (1 repeat - Ireland, of course :))
  • 2 gorgeous children

So yes, we went away for the weekend, left the kids with Granny. We had to be very blunt and outright ask (I cringed!) but she said yes.

Kids were fine except for a crying episode from one child right after we phoned to say hello...missing us....about 24 hours into it.... and that same child had another crying episode after we all got home because of missing Granny....

Still, success!

Granny wasn't as pooped as we thought she'd be, the kids behaved and we had fun (as my work people said, "oooh, M's going away for a dirty weekend". I mean really, you'd swear I work with kids :))

I think we'll chill on the couch and watch some Seinfeld after we have a nice takeaway supper.

How has your April been for you?

9 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary my dear friend. To many more decades!

    April has kicked my behind - work wise - exhausted!

    Ps: might the crying child be the little Miss! C just seems to hard core :)

    Pps: saw Seinfeld live on stage in Oct 2013 - wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congrats to you both... so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds luxurious!!! So very glad you and D made the time to do that. And I love the picture of your hands! I'll be taking one of ours soon. Thanks for the inspiration! :) :)

    And again, happy 20 YEARS to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 20th Anniversary! Dirty weekends are not just for the young folk you know ;-) SO glad it went well and that you guys had some alone time to just be adults who are not "mommy and daddy"...

    I actually suspect it was C who did the crying?

    April has been busy - clearly a good month to get married - it was our 11th anniversary, my baby cousin got married and the long weekend was jam packed. Work wise it's been manic with that colleague I've told you about doing a bit of a dirty and transferring to our other "dream team" division and of course we had the drama with our nanny... SO! I'm ready for some down time in May actually... I'm exhausted and feel like I'm losing the battle to flu despite boosting my immune system at every chance.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! So happy for you two! And happy you got away together. It's a good thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations my dear friend...20 years and going strong. Wishing you many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy happy anniversary once again. What a great number. And I love that you went away - just the two of you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope it was a dirty weekend away haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails