Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday musings of the frantically busy kind


Well, work should hopefully be easing off a little soon, just a little, but I do hope I'm not tempting Murphy...

Today I had my last 8:00 am meeting and enough of us on the committee moaned about it that it's now been switched to 11:00. YES! I don't know what possesses people to make meetings at 8 am!


So we had to go through the whole rigmarole of the school thing again, applying for Grade 1. I can tell you I'm so over forms... and I didn't even complete the forms :)

We have to hand them in tomorrow and we don't have certified copies of two of the requirements, ones the school provides, so I hope they'll still accept them despite that!



In other news, I've been spending a frightful amount of money at the hardware store, on paint! I nearly fainted when the man said R1300 a tub. Seriously? Yes, seriously. So I hope and pray I love the colour when it's up and on the wall.... otherwise I'm going to have to grow to love it because a painter plus all that paint and supplies = A LOT OF MONEY.


I know we've just come back from holidays but D and I are heading off again soon to celebrate our 20-year anniversary. Yes!

Years ago, when I imagined 20 years, I considered a vow renewal on the beach, then a party at my old work campus, then a big trip but then I left that job and now I hardly have any leave, but just watch out, NEXT year, we are going to have to do something super awesome.

I can't imagine how some people always seem to be taking leave? I'm always happy to take unpaid leave... 

Still, time away is always good and it will be a milestone for the kids too - first time they've slept out for 2 consecutive nights :o


Kendra had her first solo sleepover the other weekend and had a BALL! Spoiled by Granny. They both loved it.

Connor was devastated at first but then he told me about 4 things he wanted to do that were special for him (one of them was having a walk just with me - I know, my heart melted), and we had a lovely evening. I made him his favourite supper and we had lots of fun.


And that's me - basically caught up!

What's happening in your life?

7 comments:

  1. 20 years! Wow - fantastic! I am amazed that you have to apply again from the start? For us they just move them to grade 1 from grade R - you jut sign the pre filled in form for the school and show changes if there are

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're planning a 20-year trip (in 2019)...Hawaii! I am hoping to do a vow renewal, too. Of course we'll take the girls. Cannot wait!!!

    I hope things calm down for you at work. And I'm hoping things are calming down for me, too. It was a CRAZY couple of months, but I'm finally beginning to see the end of the crazy (at least for a bit). Whew!

    Hope you have a great rest-of-the-week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 20 years!!! That's awesome. Huge congrats to you and D on this milestone anniversary. Where are you guys off to? Looking forward to seeing photos of both holidays. I am a big fan of your photography especially the holiday photos. We celebrate our 4th anniversary tomorrow and are going away for a week to Plett. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 20 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20 years is amazing! WELL played you two :) And here I thought we were doing well getting to years relatively sane!

    Work is very busy but there are some things happening here which are good for me despite the disgusting traffic I face daily... my baby cousin gets married tomorrow and I'm running a half marathon on Monday.

    That's me - caught up and boring ;-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary!!! A big milestone. Wish you two many many more years of love and happiness and love! Have a good trip and take lots of pictures

    Ps: our 10th anniversary is in Dec, still need to decide what we'll do

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pics! You truly have a gorgeous and photogenic family!!! Can't believe our babies are going to be in 1st grade! On that note, I'm off to pick up my cuties from after-care! It's a hair cut appointment evening for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails