Tuesday, August 11, 2015

5 things I want more of now I'm 41 :)

I made my lovely things list last night but instead of sharing a more linear format, I thought I'd spice it up.

I want more of these things during this next year of my life :)

 
Holidayzzzzzzz
I know I go on a lot of holidays but really, that's the point, isn't it? I'm really happy spending money on holidays :)



Sleep
I've been very intentional this year about sleeping longer, and I really want to carry this forward. These are my average hours for the month. I do great on the weekends and not-so-great during the week.


Jan 06:38
Feb 06:40
Mar 06:58
Apr 07:09
May 07:04
Jun 07:22
Jul 07:13



Reading

I was doing so very well on Sunday afternoons. Straight after lunch I'd collapse in the sunroom with a stripey mug of tea and read for 3 hours while kids and husband did their own thing.

I don't know what happened but I want it back.



Photos

Not necessarily more photos, but more fun projects or challenges. Of course, I intend to finish 52walksin2015 and the52project first.

Terisha/ Louisa - do you recognise where this one is from?


God
Amazing how God can speak to you through reading a children's Bible!

The more he listened to Jesus and knew Jesus' heart, the more he loved Him.

Ahem!

I want to know His heart more and that comes from reading the Word. Daily!



What do you want more of for the last 5 months of the year?

9 comments:

  1. Lovely list. Be closer to God, Peace, comfort, good health and increase my walking pace! these are things I want more of

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you always ask me such difficult questions my friend? I also want to read more, exercise more, see more friends, and always be closer to God

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. I echo your being closer to God, and reading more. I don't do well without at least 8 hours sleep at night...so we tend to go to bed early, read for a while and then bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list, as always! At quick thought, I want more organization and more purposeful time spent. I'm SO proud of myself for catching up on pictures over the last 3 months. And now I've [almost] FINALLY organized my office. (I finally found THE bookshelf I was looking for...put it together with the girls...it's perfect for the last few things we needed to wrangle!)

    I need to keep focused on using my time at night wisely. It feels SO good when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep, so much more sleep. And time to myself where I do nothing and not feel guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to start taking more pictures. I have been taking a lot more since doing all the reviews and stuff on SA Mom blogs but I need to start taking more. I was sorting photos a few weeks ago and I used to take loads of the kids everywhere we went with my big camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ballito! :-)
    The last bit of 2015 still seems a bit up in the air for me. I'm not stressed about it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously :) It's from the section opposite where there's always a cat! And that sloped white building with the outside tap to rinse sandy feet (for residents only)

      Delete
  8. I want photos - I've neglected this over the past few months.
    I want God - hence the Bible and conscious prayer time things
    I want silence - this is VERY hard to come by
    I want physical movement - specifically swimming and yoga
    I want reading - another thing I've neglected lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails