Monday, August 03, 2015

Birthday week

So friends, this is my Birthday Week.

I've been taking it seriously so far and have had treats every day since Saturday :)


A work friend (from old company) and I have birthdays in this week so we met for a birthday brunch on Saturday. We are the same personality profile (ESTJ) and it was freaky to realise just how alike we are, especially since we don't see each other as often as we used to.

Yesterday was my official family birthday lunch. We were going to go to Perron (Mexican) but Sunday afternoon in Illovo feels far too trendy for a family, so I googled and Mama Mexicana came up. I was thrilled because I've wanted to go there for a long time. I think I even mentioned it on the blog.



The city is one of my happy places. We just started driving onto Fox Street and already I was beaming from ear to ear. I feel like I got a 2 for the price of 1 deal because we got to walk around Arts on Main for a bit too (while we waited for a table to clear) and then had a very delicious Mexican meal. I'm definitely going back.

The whole area was buzzing and there's not a lot of official parking, of course, but PLENTY of car guards who watch your car very nicely for R10.

3 of the 4 of us loved our meals; K burst out crying after trying about 3 bites. It's useless talking to her when she's so upset so tonight I asked her more about it and she said "the food was too messy". We decided that WHEN we go back, I'll feed her something at home first.

The light inside Mama Mexicana was amazing...... seriously...I do believe anything can look good in the right light. Exhibit A...


And then today, I went to have a medi-heel treatment.

I don't like pedicures because I don't like to have people touching my feet BUT I've discovered I don't mind firm touches to my feet. I've been for 3 treatments at Camelot so far and I LOVE my smooth heels (and feet) afterwards. Seriously, if you even have a bit of dry feet/ heels, go get one done. Only R70!



I have nothing planned for tomorrow or Wednesday, but let's see :)

How was the start of August for you?

PS Louisa, are you enjoying sleeping in? It's Birthday Week for Louisa and Marleen too!

12 comments:

  1. Poor K!!! Though I can picture myself also not wanting to eat of the food is too "messy" :) :)

    Sounds like you are having a great week so far!


    Ps: Where is this Camelot you speak of? For that price I would love to try it (yep I'm a cheap skate I can't fork out over R300 that most places charge for a pedi)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the next building! I'll send you the details to make an appt :)

      Delete
  2. I just love that you celebrate a whole week! And poor K - I have an inkling of how she feels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a burrito which is wrapped up nice and "neatly" and is decidedly not messy :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, of course I have not managed to sleep late yet. Yesterday I zipped around getting back upd backed up and what not. Today I took Polka to the parlour and then popped in at Centurion for finger prints and criminal checks for one of the nibbles on CVs I've sent out. Tomorrow I have three coffee dates during the course of the day! And Thursday or Friday I need to start prepping for my birthday adventure (I'm taking everyone trout fishing this year!). Steve's been super busy this week and was working till well past 22:00 last night. I thought I'd do the decent thing and coffee him every hour or so.

    I could really do with a nap about now... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds way too busy - hope you can relax for a week or two now!

      Delete
  4. Hehe...and my kids loved messy meals...just goes to show they are all so different and unique. I love the wall art that you photographed...it is gorgeous. I love pedicures and don't mind people touching my feet at all...it is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more gorgeous wall art for the "proper" post when I finish editing pics. AMAZING!

      Delete
  5. Love that you celebrate all week. I do too. Sometimes I can even stretch it to a birthday month. Enjoy the build up to your special day. Beautiful photos as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's your birthday week too!!! Happy belated birthday! Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. LOL re the messy food!
    Love that Mama Mexicana, it's such an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K has never liked mixed up food. When she was a baby, she didn't like bolognese or cottage pie, but give her a pile of tomatoes, and a pile of mince, and a pile of peas - HAPPY!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails