Sunday, August 30, 2015

Let's do a quick life catch-up




Well, you all know about the travel last week but other than that, work was fairly productive.

I brought ALL the paper on my desk home one day last week, made a pile of paper for each client, and wrote a list in my notebook per client - what I had to do, chase up, etc.

It was a beautiful list and very, very useful the next day.

I've been ploughing through that list and it was mostly complete by Friday afternoon. YAY!

 
I honestly don't know where this month has gone. One minute it was my birthday and the next minute it's the end of the month.

I pulled out my goals list for the first time after typing it out around the 23rd, so it will be interesting to see what I actually got to do this month....

Still, better 30% done than nothing. And I'm sure I didn't do very badly, when all is said and done.
The kids are very glad they're back in shorts for school. 

I always get a little (okay, a lot) in love with them when the season changes. I love their cuddly little bodies in polar fleece when the cool weather first arrives, and right now, I'm besotted with their cute little legs in shorts :) 

Although... we're due for some nice, cold weather on Thursday and Friday, and I can't wait for a last little snap of cold. Will have to go for a photowalk :)


Speaking of which, I'm so over the work travel.

I've been driving to lots of meetings all over the place. And I only have two clients I enjoy driving to - one about 10 minutes from home (I detoured there on my way home on Friday afternoon) and one near my old work which is a lovely part of town so it's a very pleasant drive.

This week is going to be hectic - I have day-long client meetings on three days. One is 7km from the office but a crotchety old client :), one is in Pta (I'm thinking of getting a taxi from the Gautrain station instead of driving ...) and the other is in Vander.bijl or, as my GPS lady calls it, Va-reen-a-geeng (I selected an Australian accent for to spice up the directions).. take the R59 to Veree.niging. It's hilarious and at least makes me smile while all those trucks are whizzing by me :O


Don't you love these apple bags? I bought this bag of apples in Ballito.

I took pics because since when have we seen packaging like this, right? Delightful!

And that's it, folks.


What's been going on in your life for the last week?
How was your August?

PS I forgot to mention my beautiful yellow desk. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. How great is the apple bag! And love the yellow desk. Good luck with all the travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One day of travel down, two more to go :)

      Delete
  2. I am behind in my blog reading - again. It was a good week. I got a new phone!!!! I have been waiting for this phone almost 6 months. My life has actually changed since I got it two days ago! I am a better person now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for things that make our lives easier :)

      Delete
  3. I am in love with your yellow desk. I think I need one but I don't have a study at home to put one in so I will have to suffice with lusting after yours :)

    I have been single parenting for the week and dealing with some work stresses but we are thanking God that Cliff is employed again!

    That apple bag is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow desk. August was hard. Can't quite put my finger on it. But, it's over now. Joel lost his school pants last week. I don't even understand how that can happen! He was like walking around in underpants and couldn't tell them where he changed. It's a mystery. The school searched EVERYWHERE. Even in the bins. It's gone. I'm not buying another one because summer uniform starts in Term 4 and then I need to buy sandals. Sigh. This is the child who NEVER loses stuff! I don't understand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails