Saturday, March 05, 2016

Another good reading month

This was another good reading month for me. I finished 7 books, two of those non-fiction.

Non-fiction
  1. We'll always have Paris - a travel memoir of a lady and her daughter
  2. Parenting your Powerful Child - Dr Kevin Leman. I'm on a Leman kick and plan to listen to Have a new you by Friday this month too.

Um, all those with powerful kids (Gemma - Sam!) should read this book. D listened to just an hour of it with me and we've been using the tricks on our kids already :)

Favourite books this month
Four friends - Robyn Carr


Get Lucky - Katherine Center


Three and a half heartbeats - Amanda Prowse

Go read all my reviews on Goodreads :)


I still have this mad idea that I want to start a book club. BUT there's the small matter of I don't like people telling me what to read and when, I don't read book club-by books and no-one I know reads the same books I do. :)

So my fantasy book club remains this nice idea in my head.

What was the most interesting book you read in February?
What do you plan to read this month?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think my Feb reading highlight was the first book in a series - the Guardians of Summerfield. This month's reading hopefully includes something light and fluffy, mostly though I have a book to read for class.

    Ps. Thanks for mentioning the wax highlighters, they're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure - I've been using those wax highlighters for two years and I have not looked back :)

      Delete
  2. I have been in a reading slump. I was looking for just ONE book to take me out of it. So about two weeks ago I read Anita Diamant's The Red Tent. I ADORED it! After that I got totally into reading again and I read Alice Sebold's Lovely Bones and right now I'm reading Nadia Hashimi's When the moon is low. I am LOVING it so far. I think that March is going to be a month of NF. I also started Crazy Love on Friday. Oh my hat. Sjoe. I am putting it down all the time to process. And I'm making notes! And then I have another NF lined up. One that I've been avoiding! Can you guess which one it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how that happened. I remember a stage late last year too where I read about 5 - 6 mediocre books in a row. I wanted to be transported and finally I got a book from the library and spent most of a Sat and Sun just reading. That ended my slump too!

      Delete
  3. I think your reading matter (the fiction ones) are typical bookclub stuff - what is nice about a book club is that you do get exposed to more books than what you would usually buy and actually takes the plunge easier into other genres. You know I have a post on how to start and work a bookclub?

    My recent favorite read was I am Pilgrim - a fantastic read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the organising and how-to I'm confused by; it's how to have that connection ad still not be forced into different genres and stuff I don't like reading ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails