Friday, June 03, 2016

Five on a Friday

Okay, I'll bite.

I opened up my Google Reader and 3 of my subscribed blogs had posts of the same name.


1. We have a move date. And it's soon! And I'm trying not to freak out because I have to have this house packed up in less than a month. On the bright side, I packed 2 boxes last night and will do another 2 boxes tonight. Then we need more boxes.

Connor and I went back to the house on Tuesday and I love it more. I keep finding more and more bits that I adore. I kept saying to the lady, "oh! I didn't see this part before, but I know exactly what I'm going to do there". She keeps telling me she loves that we bought the house because it seems perfect for our family. To that I say AMEN!



2. This week was seriously way too busy at work. I cannot even. Two functions meant 1.5 days out of the office. Feels like all the clients are fighting with me for nonsense. On the bright side, a big meeting is over and now I can stop dreaming about it (seriously I had a dream last weekend and said to D, apparently I'm worried about such-and-such meeting because I'm dreaming about it :o)


3. After that big meeting, I slept for 10.5 hours that night. No joke. It's exhausting for me thinking about all these emotionally-charged, tense meetings where people are "corporate fighting", all terse and extra-polite. Eeek.



4. It's true - it's much easier to write a blog post every day than only once or twice a week. Since my go-slow, I feel like I have to drag myself here. Don't get me wrong - I have tons to say; it's just hard when I feel like I'm talking and no-one's listening. Kind-of like talking to the nearly 7-year-olds :)


5. Speaking of which, the kids will be 7 really soon. 1 month and 4 days is what that little ticker above this post tells me. And for the first year, I don't care about parties! They elected to go on holiday rather than have a party so we'll do that but I do think we should have 3 - 4 friends over the weekend after we move. We'll see.


So what's going on in your life?
On a scale of 1 - 10, how's life going these days?

14 comments:

  1. Hooray for holiday birthdays! But oh my!! Settling a new house while going away?! I hope you plan on treating yourself well for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Five for Friday club :p Posting everyday is so easy, and I've noticed it's hard to get back into it after I schedule a few posts. It seems writing is best done daily. Yay for the house being all awesome and having a move date, and double yay for big meetings being out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - writing is definitely best done daily. I always find those 31 day blogging things easy. You get into a routine and your brain stretches and finds new content easily.

      Delete
    2. FOMO over here, what is FIVE FOR FRIDAY?

      Delete
  3. This week was tough our side too, system issues getting everything done and sorted at work, from next week I will not be at work for almost a month....in finance thats forever...

    Glad you so happy about your new house, when we bought our house we drove past here nearly every day ;)

    I would say we tipping the scales to 10 if it was based on being so busy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I do drive by there about once every two weeks - to be honest if it was more on my way, I'd go past daily :)

      Delete
  4. Well, we probably have to move soon too. The owners of this rental has put it on the market. So far no bites since their price is a bit steep. I have zero interest in buying it myself. The kids are a gand full at the moment, all in their own ways...but I guess that's kids for you. They are if course all awesome in their own ways too. Work is fine, but as alwats uncertain. My contract has been renewed to July. I probably have to start prompting them again in that soon.

    Good luck with the packing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! Have you started looking yet?

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the club! I love the idea of a birthday holiday. And yes, why not just a friend or two around. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting about the move :)

    I am on a seesaw at the moment - some moments I am 9 and others I am -1 - it is not a whole lot of fun. I need stability and its not happening here yet and I am struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wishing you lots of stability soon! I don't deal well with seesaws either...

      Delete
  7. Yay for move date... Exciting times ahead, do you have loads to do in the new house? I recall you saying you are not DIYers ... I love that the kids are at an age where they can tell you what they want for their birthdays and holidays definitely your kids...

    Things are crazy busy at work but all ok and K is at an age where we have real conversations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are two things that have to be done immediately - safety issues - but the rest will happen when we one day have money again :)

      Delete
  8. Yay for the move date! Booo to the packing! Yay to holidays instead of birthday parties! Booo to not having a party ;-)

    We really need a catch up. Too much going on in life to put into a blog comment.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails