Monday, June 13, 2016

Here's the thing

I'm feeling a little discouraged these days.

Like I'm losing my mojo because I don't know a single person who has taken any of my suggestions/ recommendations for... anything really. Books, podcasts, things to try, etc.

This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things obviously, and I should just get over it, but inspiring people is one of my God-given things, so if I don't have that, what do I have?

There are a few instances from years ago that I cling to, so there is that, and to be honest, God always sends me a little something to encourage me now and again.



But I'm going to try again in this post. Never let it be said I give up too quickly.

So here's the thing is a podcast with Alec Baldwin. From the website...


Yes, that Alec Baldwin. The one from It's Complicated.

Here’s The Thing is a series of intimate and honest conversations hosted by Alec Baldwin. Alec talks with artists, policy makers and performers – to hear their stories, what inspires their creations, what decisions changed their careers, and what relationships influenced their work.

And... he is fabulous. He has this voice that is just perfect for podcasts and he asks great questions.



I can't stop listening!

I've listened to him interview Jerry Seinfeld, Billy Joel, Carol Burnett and Molly Ringwald.

Okay, I confess - I listened to the Billy Joel one twice. I LOVED it. Some of you know I love Billy Joel a bit more than is entirely healthy. If you like New York, Billy Joel, the creative process (D and I love this kind of thing), the background to songs, listen to it.

Really, you've lost nothing if you listen to 10 minutes of any episode and hate it. But try and tell me what you think.

Otherwise, how was your Monday?

12 comments:

  1. I use the highlighters, and gave goodreads a whirl. Oh also did Konmari, so you do inspire people to try stuff. I don't look into the podcasts you mention cos they have tended to be itunes stuff...and I don't do that :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Android... Stitcher, Soundcloud, Podcast Addict...... there are many great apps to use for podcasts!

      Delete
    2. Stitcher is a winner for me, I listen to an X-Men one there ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh Marcia, you have no idea how many new things you have introduced me to and how many times you have inspired me live intentionally. I learnt about goodreads(which I love using) from you. The Konmarie book is also on my list to read but unfortunately I know that this is not the right time to read/do it because of circumstances, but I will get to it soon. However I did tell one of my colleagues about it after reading about it on your blog and she read the book and konmarie'd her house and loves the result. I also tried bullet journaling after your posts on it. I am still getting used to it and told the same colleague above about it as well and she also is trying out the system. I have taken many of your reading suggestions and enjoyed them. You introduced me to washi tape and so many other things. The one thing I admit to not trying is the podcasts. Even though you showed me on your phone, I have no idea how to get there on my phone. I am appalling bad with technology. But above all of this, you inspire me by the lifestyle you lead. You make the time for the things you enjoy and you accomplish so much by having your priorities in order. I strive to get this right in my life. I am always motivated to do more after reading your blog. (I so miss your daily posts about cooking, photos, budgeting, party planning, activities done with the kids, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T, I think I need to bring more of this stuff to OrganisingQueen. On that blog, the people read becuase they do actually want to try things. I'm not sure why people read here (some because they know me, others I don't know)

      Next time I see you I will take your phone and hook you up to at least Gretchen Rubin's podcast.

      Delete
  3. Well you have totally inspired the Bullet Journal idea with me. And washi tape ideas, and Konmari.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I generally don’t really like the books you read or podcasts etc., but you inspire other things. I am inspired by your time for friends and I have tried to work harder at nurturing friendships because I read your blogs. My friends think I am so clever when I mention “friendship dates”
    You inspire me to be better organized, and I am getting closer to actually getting all my photos together. I like the casual. Effortless way you seem to parent, and it makes me work harder (contradictory?) to be a relaxed mother.
    I think you do not inspire the way you intend, but you inspire anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This sounds stunning! I am definitely going to give it a try! I have been listening to all the TED Talks - really I am now struggling to find new ones, so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the podcasts I recommended before on Organising Queen. You'll like some of those too :)

      Delete
  6. I'm not in the car long enough to listen to podcasts and I used little time in the car to listen to news.

    You inspire in many ways dear Marcia.. We are probably guilty of not letting you know this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails