Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Extraction and implant

I'm busy with a post about Trump but I need to chat about my tooth quickly.

Remember last year I went to the dentist.

My (root canal) tooth came loose.

The emergency dentist cemented it but said she didn't know how long it would last.

So I had to make an appointment with my real dentist.

That was last Thursday.

Here's the thing:

The little root has fractured and is no longer strong enough to support my tooth.

They told me (the dental surgeon and my dentist) I have to have it extracted and an implant put in. Then my gum has to grow around this implant and they make me a new tooth and put that in, three months later. Oh my word.

I blocked it out because I heard "we will manage the pain" and "outpatient procedure" and I had that whooshing sound in my head...

(some of you know I hate dentists!)

The quote arrived today. R10 617. Medical aid rates provided you have that kind of money in your medical savings account.

I was drinking tea now and suddenly something feels funny in my mouth. I go check and that tooth is loose again. Not completely but in a day or so it will be completely loose.

So I guess this is urgent then.

I was googling and that is never a good idea. We know this but I have to know!

And all this talk of pain and recovery is freaking me out.

Tell me, have any of you had an implant? what was your experience?  

6 comments:

  1. Oh I have this coming up too - very scared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that sounds hectic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate going to the dentist or any doctor. The only procedure I has done was removing my wisdom teeth. And that was painful. I hope you have a good experience and a painless one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a gap because I haven't done it. Really expensive. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't done it. It's scary, but dental health is important...and you need to give yourself dental health.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't but what some dentists fail to tell patients is some people's body reject the implant. That happened to a colleague, her implant literally came off. - and that wasn't the first time I've heard of that happening

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails